Speaker Binding Post Mod for 317/417/517/717

Hi,

For anyone that is interested, I will be doing a kit for this upgrade - professionally made 1.0mm or 1.2mm steel plate black satin powder coated, 4 binding posts, 4 solder lugs, heat shrink, 4 black M3 screws, washers and Nyloc nuts.

This will be posted in Barter Town when the parts are all available - approx 3-4 weeks time.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Did you ever end up making a kit for this? If so, please send me a PM - I'm interested in purchasing a set for the AU-717 I recently recapped (and maybe also for the AU-317).

Thanks!
-Matt

When doing these conversions, make sure the binding post pairs are exactly 0.750" apart. If they are even slightly off, dual banana plugs won't work properly or will be damaged. IMO, there should be a law that all amps have to have binding posts! Whey they use those little spring clippy things is beyond me. OK, I know it's money, but why on amps of this caliber?

Moin Moin Sansuinistas

nice work and good idea at all, my idea is to mount the Terminal Plate from inside so u see just the screwsheads from outside ,the window between plate and cover u can fill out with same size l and sickness metal sheed with drilled holes for the single posts as the cover from the ampy --before assemble the single terminals u can glue this xtraplate on the mainplate guess it will look much smoother -- well just an idea
best regards
Wally
:thmbsp::beer::smoke:

Superb mod! :thmbsp: - Thank you for this posting - This I'm sure will interest Sansui owners (me included) who are looking for a way to get speaker binding posts into their AU117/217/317/417/517/717 without drilling holes into the back panel and be rid of the original spring-loaded one's.

...and for those of us who have no metal working skills, maybe you could supply your mod as a upgrade kit (for a fee of course) - Hint! Hint! - :D

Keep up the good work! :tresbon:

+1, I’d be interested too. Nice work @skippy124!

Ed: I just noticed the second to last post was 6 years ago, but I’m wondering if anything became of this, or anyone has done a similar mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom