ALPS Black Beauty... ?

thefragger

Certified Crazy.
So, I went to the YRARYC Hamfest this past Saturday and found, in a dollar-bin of parts, my first ever ALPS sealed potentiometer.

I can't find any info on it at all and thought that maybe a few people might be able to tell me what I've found. I may be jumping the gun by saying it's a Black Beauty, but the paint is black. It's a stepped variety with a spline and slotted shaft; the grid in the photos is 1/4" (6-ish mm).

Markings and connections

Body

Dimentions

Mug shot

:scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

Last edited:
Looks like a BB to me..:yes:

Thanks for chiming in, Avionic!

I'm pretty excited... I finally found an RK40 Datasheet and all the dimensions are lining up perfectly within the tolerances specified.

I popped it open and BOY is this thing built!

I have to find a truly worthy project for this potentiometer!

Build a SET 2A3 0r 300B ....:D Thats what I would do with it. I already have the 2A3´s and a pair of James OPT´s...

So it cost you a dollar..They usually go for over $40..Damn,some other people have all the luck..You did good..:yes:

So it cost you a dollar..They usually go for over $40..Damn,some other people have all the luck..You did good..:yes:

Yap! I figured any ALPS for $1 was worth it... also got some potted iron from there that I have to sit down with and figure out.

Where does the time go :tears:

I popped it open and BOY is this thing built!

You bet. I opened the sealed ALPS that is the VC in my Nakamichi CA-5 and they are a pleasure to work with.

You can't go wrong at that price. I bet you're itching for a project, hope you find one fast!

az

I can't believe you busted that BB open and we don't have any nudies.

A buck, huh?

Ah, true.

Nudies!

I got out the extension tubes for that macro :smoke:

Also got a pair of Allen-Bradley 1k potentiometers, WITH bracket, for $1 :)

Not sure if these are as big a score as the ALPS, though...

Back
Top Bottom