Sansui 881 Light issue

dogteeth

Hey pals,

I've just bought an incredibly beautiful Sansui 881. It sounds simply incredible with my yamaha 690s. I am however having some issues with the lights the illuminate the tuner section on it. They have all been changed, however they drop out on occasion. It seems like if I give the case a light tap they turn back on though. It seems to have something to do with the actual plastic housing the lights are in, if I lift it up a bit they turn back on. Anyways I had a very similar issue with my 6060 and I'm hoping to learn how to rectify this issue. The receiver is, in my opinion, just too pretty to be left half lit up. Thanks for any help or insight you can give me on this one :).

Might just be a loose or broken Solder connection, my 8080DB had the same problem, easy fix. On mine the faceplate was removed and you could look right at the problem, should be close to the same on yours I would think.

I have the same issue right now with my 661. I replaced all of the bulbs, and there is one that will occasionally cut out. I need to open it up and check the solder joints.

I had the same issue on my 771, except now some of the lights are out and tapping won't bring them back on. My plan is to replace all of the lamps, do a thorough clean job, and re-solder anything that looks questionable.

Back
Top Bottom