SR-838 Turntable Overhang question-Denon DL-110

johnny_fever

Sansui Addict. No Serious. Not Kidding.
Subscriber
Whats the best way to set overhang on a SR-636/838 Turntable? I have the factory cartridge mounting gauge so I can at least align the Denon cartridge. How do you guys achieve 16.1mm overhang? Thanks Fever

Attachments

• IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 75
I set my Denon 110 on my Sansui 838 using a Baerwald protractor. Very quick and easy and sounds fantastic. Amazing cartridge and wish I had more. Great match for the turntable.

Thanks. I set the overhang with the factory gauge and took a reading from stylus tip to base of headshell with a digital caliper. I then mounted the Denon cartridge and duplicated the tip to base distance. Almost a perfect match to a Technics overhang gauge. Thanks Fever

Thanks. I set the overhang with the factory gauge and took a reading from stylus tip to base of headshell with a digital caliper. I then mounted the Denon cartridge and duplicated the tip to base distance. Almost a perfect match to a Technics overhang gauge. Thanks Fever

Wow, most of time the gauge is lost.

Could you tell us what is the reading with the digital caliper? :scratch2:

I just made a template with the 16.1 distance on it and put it over the spindle and allign the cart to it. Works fine.

Assuming I was correct aligning the black line with the tab of the headshell in the first pic. I took a caliper reading of 52.35mm where the W Is located In this diagram below. Washer was removed for measurement. Fever

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 104
Assuming I was correct aligning the black line with the tab of the headshell in the first pic. I took a caliper reading of 52.35mm where the W Is located In this diagram below. Washer was removed for measurement. Fever

Thank you very much for taking the time to measure the distance with the digital caliper, sir! :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

So far i'm enjoying It. Sounds great on tube gear & Horn loaded speakers. I did read some harsh postings about the cart. Wonder what type of equipment and speakers they were using? I can say mine is a lot better than the stock Sansui. Way more detail. Later Fever

Back
Top Bottom