User Manual of AU D7

Brandom

Hi,

Can someone please guide me where can I find the Sansui AU-D7 Integrated Amp User Manual to be downloaded? In hifi engine there is the Service Manual only.

The "Defeat" switch disconnects the tone control circuits, usually resulting in slightly 'cleaner' sound.

You have the normal 'Bass' & 'Treble' tone controls, and 'Super' Bass, and 'Presence' - which are enhancements to the normal Bass and Treble tone controls. The 'Loudness' switch is used to increase the lows and the highs (bass & treble) by a fixed amount, so that when listening at low volume the sound is more natural. All these controls are usually disabled when the 'defeat' switch is on.

'Input selector' buttons, 'speaker selector' and 'volume' and 'balance' control are pretty much self explanatory. 'Rec selector' switch is used when making recordings with a connected Reel-to-Reel tape recorder or Cassette tape deck. The 'Mode' switch does what it says, outputs only the right (R) or left (L) channel input, 'reverse' = swaps the channels left to right, and 'Normal' = normal operation.

Enjoy your amplifier :)

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the details. So the Defeat switch basically stops all the individual tone adjustments to function.
Am stil not clear about the 'Mode' switch which u explained.

Ok, the mode switch when set to 'R' outputs only the right channel to BOTH speakers even though the amp is being fed with L & R sound input. The same with the Left channel setting, only outputting left channel sound to BOTH speakers. (In other words Right or Left channel 'Mono')

'Reverse' is a Left / Right channel swap, and normal is left input to left output/speaker and right input to right output/speaker.

Any clearer?

Last edited:
Ok, the mode switch when set to 'R' outputs only the right channel to BOTH speakers even though the amp is being fed with L & R sound input. The same with the Left channel setting, only outputting left channel sound to BOTH speakers. (In other words Right or Left channel 'Mono')

'Reverse' is a Left / Right channel swap, and normal is left input to left output/speaker and right input to right output/speaker.

Any clearer?

Ok thanks.
But may I know what is the benefit of this option? As for what purpose to serve it's been kept?

Good question, I once had an amplifier with that feature. Other than 'normal', only 'reverse' is of any use as far as I can see. You might want the sound stage to be swapped from a 'listener' to a 'performer' perspective.(facing music=listener, back to music=performer). Perhaps others can clarify if I am right about that, and perhaps explain what possible use/benefit the 'L' & 'R' positions have, assuming I have correctly explained how they work.

Good question, I once had an amplifier with that feature. Other than 'normal', only 'reverse' is of any use as far as I can see. You might want the sound stage to be swapped from a 'listener' to a 'performer' perspective.(facing music=listener, back to music=performer). Perhaps others can clarify if I am right about that, and perhaps explain what possible use/benefit the 'L' & 'R' positions have, assuming I have correctly explained how they work.

Thanks a lot.Need to explore and check.

Thanks once again for all your valuable inputs.

What do you want to know about the AU-D7 ?

Hi Hyperion. I came across this thread while doing a search. Proud new owner of an AU D7. I have a question. First I connected my Chromecast Audio to the Tape Play 1 input and the sound was very flat and dull. Now on Aux it’s better. I don’t know much about amplifiers, but do these inputs vary in different resistance or something?

Back
Top Bottom