..BA 5000 , need support by switching from 120 to 240 Volt..

...Thank You , EchoWars..!

If the wiring on my Amp meets the Version of Johnny_Fevers' , and with Your Detailed Instruction , nothing should go wrong...

..So , have to try to get some Sleep now , in Germany it's 4:40 AM....

Greets , Deubi...

...The scary old Monster has found a new Home.....

Jeeez , what a Filthy Amp , after Cleaning and deoxidating for 7 hours , I was able to set the Jumpers to the 240 Volt wiring , don't Forgot the new Fuse (..6 amp.) - and it's working Fine...:huge:

Thanxalot to EchoWars , whitout your Detailed Instructions i Probably would have done Damage to the old Warrior....

Thank you , Stene for suggesting me the Right thing...

Thanks for the helpfully Pics of Johnny Fever...

...Greets , Deubi....

Attachments

• 2010_1119Sansui0092.jpg
    2010_1119Sansui0092.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 2010_1119Sansui0098.jpg
    2010_1119Sansui0098.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 2010_1119Sansui0093.jpg
    2010_1119Sansui0093.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 2010_1119Sansui0101.jpg
    2010_1119Sansui0101.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 2010_1119Sansui0104.jpg
    2010_1119Sansui0104.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Boy, this amp was really dirty,and you did a great cleaning job :thmbsp:.I wonder where that amplifier was?What a shame!
Congratulations on your new toy and enjoy :music:

..it's coming from ,,DonRamon Electronics'' in Los Angeles and was ,,Sold as is''

The only thing he could have Guaranteed was that it's in working Order....

Anyway , I've got this superb sounding thing at an Affordable Price....:cool:

Last edited:
...Now I've got out , what's happening whit it , the first Years he spent his time like a working Bull in some Club or Disco , this burnt down sometime in the 80's , one of the staff there got it out full of soot and Dirt because of the Fire-fighting Water , stored it in some Hay stack to restore it - and forgot it there 'til this Year......

Greets , Deubi....

BA5k

...The scary old Monster has found a new Home.....

Jeeez , what a Filthy Amp , after Cleaning and deoxidating for 7 hours , I was able to set the Jumpers to the 240 Volt wiring , don't Forgot the new Fuse (..6 amp.) - and it's working Fine...:huge:

Thanxalot to EchoWars , whitout your Detailed Instructions i Probably would have done Damage to the old Warrior....

Thank you , Stene for suggesting me the Right thing...

Thanks for the helpfully Pics of Johnny Fever...

...Greets , Deubi....

hi i just bought my self a BA 5k and i was looking at you photos for the ac wiring is that the right configuration for 240 ac

After reading this thread, I'm convinced that the BA-5000 amps can be converted to run on either 117 V or 240 V, but also perhaps 100V?

Deubi: Congrats on your acquisition of the "Monster". I enjoy listening to my own BA-5K, and I know you will too.

Post the story of the voltage change to this thread please, as I'm curious.

Congrats Deubi, what a wonderful sonic addition to your current set-up!Nice find and considering your clean up efforts to bring it back to regular use, it fell into the right hands. Rock On!

...Thanx for the Kind words...:thmbsp:

...since this thread is 4 years Old now , i guess it's an everlasting Story - this old Monsters do not go out of style....:D

...my set of Pro. / Def. - series still rocks the House , BA 5K is truly an absolutely outstanding amp....:thmbsp:

...some dude's in the German forum's assume BA 5ooo to be a purely PA - amp...:scratch2:

...they did'nt get to know ,,the Monster''.....:no::D

Back
Top Bottom