The saint triad BA 3000, CA 3000,TU 9900

I don't know , I have the SM, but I see the colours don't correspond to the numbers as per SM.
The brown and red and yellow are not in the places they should be.

Ok so today the third member arrived. Excellent codition , excellent packing. Thanks Jeff.
A few pictures will follow. The only thing that I did was adjust the if, it was a bit off , like 1mhz, to the right. And gave some cleaning the unit and the level pot. Ohh and change the voltage to 240vac. What a beautifull tuner. And with some serious , I might say difference in sound quality , compared to eight.
Have to disassemble the monster , and see what is wrong with it.

Last edited:
Hey John. I'm so glad to see that she arrived I know you were a little worried, I must say it looks better with you than it did up in my closet!! Enjoy.

Jeff

Lovely setup! Do you prefer the BA-3000 to the 2301? I hope to get the 2301 separates as my next sansui purchase. If you were closer to me I'd consider selling you my Sp-L700's. If you ever get a chance to get the Sansui SS-100 jump on it! They sell for near what modern TOTL headphones do but they are great and they would complete your collection!

800px-Sansui_SS-100_03.jpg

Say CHEESE

There were no wires to the " harmonica connector" directly from the factory.
Best guess, you MUST unsolder these wires to get to the REAR brick. and MOST people unsolder both sides. I'll bet the last " service tech" just staggered em to avoid shorts…
Mike

Attachments

• BA-3000L.jpg
    BA-3000L.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 14
  • BA-3000 R.jpg
    BA-3000 R.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 14
There were no wires to the " harmonica connector" directly from the factory.
Best guess, you MUST unsolder these wires to get to the REAR brick. and MOST people unsolder both sides. I'll bet the last " service tech" just staggered em to avoid shorts…
Mike

Mike ok with the harmonica , the last butcher that went in there , had the placard upside down. So ok with the mains, it was 220 , now is 240.
But as you can see on the motherboard he has done something like pass through from the driver boards with cables down to the motherboard. Post 53 1st pic. So I can't get the driver boards on hand and check them each one. I have to desolder all those stupid cables. And to blow you away , now the right channel sounds like a pocket transistor, and the left normal. I quit for now.
Will check it back tomorrow .

Last edited:
Oh NOW i see it YIKES…
So those wires go to the pre drivers ?
What was wrong with the pins on the edge connector?
AND just an FYI the PCB rings tying to the edge connector on my 20K, due to flexing going in & out for testing, on the LV reg board a ring stressed cracked and I lost my neg 35 with caused things to go POOF. I scraped all the rings going to the traces ( took about a 1/4 of solder mask off ) and just reflowed some solder.. and in really suspect cases I added a bit O 26g a buss wire before I reflowed. Worth a looky loo.
BUT some " people " bypass the connectors and think it's BETTER. Can't cure STOOPID ! LOL

Not you , hrbballman.

Haha! Nope I don't think so. I picked mine up a few years ago when they just appealed to 'sui collectors. Now they have a big following by all of the planar headphone guys on the headphone forum head-fi.org which has seemed to really jack up the price.

Haha! Nope I don't think so. I picked mine up a few years ago when they just appealed to 'sui collectors. Now they have a big following by all of the planar headphone guys on the headphone forum head-fi.org which has seemed to really jack up the price.

Yeah it's obvious they are going up. Last pair sold on ebay.uk for 600e I think.
Now regarding the comparison between b 2301 and ba 3000 , I haven't done it yet , since ba 3k has some issues I have to solve.

Back
Top Bottom