The hunt is OVER~

vigman

SUBSCRIBER
She might not be the prettiest girl at the dance ( yet )…
but she works ( well comes out of protection ).
Missing a knob… ( Whoops )
But who can argue with $520.00 ( that's the auction $465 + fee's & commissions ) .. Now I gotta figure out shipping, and that won't happen till it hits the warehouse in Japan…

And considering a US version sold in Canada that was CHROMED for $999.00 ( + S&H ) and BLOWN UP.. thinking I did OK

Attachments

• My fisrt 3K-1.jpg
    My fisrt 3K-1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 339
  • My first 3K-2.jpg
    My first 3K-2.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 362
  • My first 3k-3.jpg
    My first 3k-3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 216
Woooh-Hoooo - let me be the first to congratulate you Mike ! :banana:

Coming from Japan... so it has a multi voltage transformer or 100v only?

Sigh 100 only BUT I have a few variac's that can handle this BEAST and once repaired it's an outboard step down transformer ( unless I find a US version amp that was dropped off a truck ) …..

I did find a company ( Heybouer ) that will make a custom E style transformer.. but that's a bit more than a big step down, not to mention the bodge factor and they don't wind toroids..

OK well, you snagged one, in reasonable condition and it is at such a reasonable price, lets hope the shipping isn't too bad - it would be a FORTUNE to get anything like that to me from Japan! :D

;)

Shipping info:
According to the factory POOP sheet
From the factory spec on weight with full factory packing... 25.4 KG ( 56lbs )
The unit itself 22.6KG ( 49.8lbs )

Rinkya said this….

Dear Michael-san,

Thank you for your email.
Depending on the weight of this item, cost can vary. If over 30kgs we can only send by Fed-ex. It might be in the range of $300-$375 if over 30 kgs.
At 30kgs -
SEA - $175 2-3 months
SAL $330 2-4 weeks
EMS - $450 3-7 days.

Thank you! ^_^
Scott Russell
Rinkya

I guess I just chalk it up to supply and demand, it's not like there are hundreds out there. I would say I've been LOOKING for about 5 months and SERIOUSLY looking for ~2 months. I've seen 7 candidates that were in my " range "..
I missed a blown up one ( but clean for ) $308 on a buyout ( WHOOPS )..
But based on my 20K costs… that would ALMOST be a push.. and this one works ( we think ) Either way… I'm now getting a FEEL of Rinkya & Yahoo Japan.. you know.. just in case I need MORE Sansui gear.. I ALMOST bought a junk AU 9900 just to get the front panel and some other bits… but shipping was similar to this… I think I'll just wait that one out on E bay...

OhhhhOhhhhhh Ohhhhhhh Sold one of my BA-2K's on the bay today... So that pays for alot of the 3K.... and finished the B&B phase scope last night ( gotta make room & get chips for the new baby )

Well it's been 1 working week since I "WON" and there is no NEW info... except Rinkya gives the seller 2 weeks until they start INQUIRING..... BAH I SAY...

Well it's been 1 working week since I "WON" and there is no NEW info... except Rinkya gives the seller 2 weeks until they start INQUIRING..... BAH I SAY...

Well, that's what I would say too, laced perhaps with some Anglo-Saxon swear words... :D

I hit up my pal in Japan, for things like this... this is considered " normal " unlike the other car auctions or stock trading where if you blink you missed it..... BUT I will wait ( SHUDDER ) another week... semi silent...

BUGGER~

FOR THE WIN

Bay item number:141336087061

Attachments

• TU-9900-1.jpg
    TU-9900-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 120
  • TU-9900-2.jpg
    TU-9900-2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 77
More interesting Rinkya info….

I asked this:
Aikiko,
Confused … again
I get this e mail " This is a notification that your seller has charged us domestic charges over the $15 you have already paid. This is due to taxes from the seller or a heavy package coming from far in Japan or overseas. The amount of $2.40 will be charged when you pay for international shipping, so no worries for now! ^_^

1) I assume $2.40 USD ( no big deal ) 2) Does Rinkya unpack , inspect & repack the item ?Based on your comment " they'll let you know when they've finished packing" ( confused again ).Hey, well at least you know I'm reading this stuff !
You KNOW this ticket will NEVER close till I have the amp LOL~

Thanks
Mike

Dear Michael-san,
$2.40 is in excess of the $15 JP Seller fee that covers domestic shipping, packing fees, taxes and bank fees the seller charges Rinkya.

If you requested shipment in your account it means we repack your item for overseas shipment. Rinkya does offer a white glove service where we inspect all packages to make sure they are as described. Regardless of this, your item cannot just be sent as it is sent to us. It will need to be re packed. :)

Repacked, free shipping upgrade, air 3-7 days 282.00 rinkya prime..
Just paid shipping..... Launch count down starts now

Some additional data…
The AMP shows shipped but no " tracking info " as of yet…..
The TU-9900 should be here Thursday.. really dying to know the front panel mystery of how the front panel can be missing an ( end cap ) for the lack of a better phrase.
I will be gone for a few days ( installing a MONSTER twin turbo 2JZGTE in my son's Lexus SC-300 ) .. and that's all I have … for now

Back
Top Bottom