A new place to work on gear.

Robisme

Sansui Enthusiast
I had a garage built and I installed some cabinets and a 10' counter top, in one corner of the garage, to use as a place to the repair gear.

Fittingly, the first victim is a G-9000. Don't worry, the counter is reinforced where the G-9000 is sitting, just for these occasions.:yes:

I also have a place inside the house, so now I should be able to get through the backlog of gear I have here.:sigh:

I got used cabinets off Craigslist. Now my wife wants her kitchen remodeled because the garage cabinets are nicer than the kitchen ones.:D

Rob

Very nice Rob, it does look great, I had a similar issue with my wife and kitchen decoration. :D - sorted now thank goodness.

Wow. Those cabinets look GREAT in your pic, OP. No wonder your wife wants better kitchen cabinets now. Amazing what you can find on CL.

Nice area to work. Window and all. I thought I saw an Amazon Echo on the counter for a split second at first glance. I have mine in my shop. Makes a great tool when you are working when you can just say, "Alexa, play Miles Davis" rather than having to put something on when your hands are busy.

Enjoy that great new space. Looks great.

Wow very nice
My experience with home improvement is that once you start you can never stop. That is when you renovate one room the one adjacent looks poor in comparison. So you renovate that one and ... well so on.

You need to nip this whole thing in the bud! Quickly, spray paint the cabinets in the new garage - and anything else in sight - with gang signs and obscenities.

That's my opinion and I am sticking to it!

The bad thing about new spaces is it gives you the feeling that as long as the empty space exsists then it must get filled....resist that one.

Nice! You could hang some test instruments under the cabs to make them easy to see and free up bench space. Too bad a Tek scope is deeper than 12".

Agree, a lab bench needs to be much deeper than a regular kitchen cabinet and have two rows of shelves in the back, so that you can have your instruments placed, important ones like DMM, scope, analyzer(s) placed at your eye level when sitting. On work bench surface, have your soldering tools. hand tools/supplies can be put in the drawers. I use an grounded anti-static mat as the place to put the gear I am working on. For a beast, , like a G-9000, the lazy susan idea can help you as well, that and a trolley.

Back
Top Bottom