Sansui 4000 Dial lights

vrojas23

Afternoon! I recently acquired a Sansui 4000 from a local craigslist deal. I've had my eye on one for a while, and was ecstatic to receive it. There's just one problem. I mainly use it for the phono input, and the dial lights go out when you switch it to this setting. My favorite aspect about the receiver was the dial lights so that's a bummer. I would like for the lights to stay on, even while in phono. From what I've researched, the system was built this way. My question is, is there anyway to modify the receiver so that the dial lights stay on while in phono? Has anyone who has owned this receiver had any luck with something like that?

Afternoon! I recently acquired a Sansui 4000 from a local craigslist deal. I've had my eye on one for a while, and was ecstatic to receive it. There's just one problem. I mainly use it for the phono input, and the dial lights go out when you switch it to this setting. My favorite aspect about the receiver was the dial lights so that's a bummer. I would like for the lights to stay on, even while in phono. From what I've researched, the system was built this way. My question is, is there anyway to modify the receiver so that the dial lights stay on while in phono? Has anyone who has owned this receiver had any luck with something like that?

It is almost certainly possible to do this, it is a question that has been asked before, for exactly the same reason, but not for your model of Sansui as far as I know.

Absolutely not a job for a novice, but fairly easy for someone well versed in Vintage Audio electronics.

(PS it is bad form to ask for parts in this area of AK, if you become a Subscriber - you will have access to a 'parts wanted' section)

It is almost certainly possible to do this, it is a question that has been asked before, for exactly the same reason, but not for your model of Sansui as far as I know.

Absolutely not a job for a novice, but fairly easy for someone well versed in Vintage Audio electronics.

(PS it is bad form to ask for parts in this area of AK, if you become a Subscriber - you will have access to a 'parts wanted' section)

Thanks for the reply, i haven't been able to find a thread that concerns this question. And sorry about the part asking! Now i know.

Back
Top Bottom