Stereo Intermittent Static/Crackling issues...USB DAC??

Adventist25

Hi guys,

So I have had this lingering problem that doesn't happen very often but when it does its super annoying!

Here is my "system"..

1.) ibm t60 laptop with Windows 7 32-bit. Using Itunes 10 for music playback
2.) "Hot Audio" USB WoW DAC
3.) Sony STR-7055
4.) KLH model 6

So i would say about 95% of the time everything plays smoothly from my computer and I'm happy. What happens occassionally, however, is that I lose the left channel and beautiful music gets replaced with static/crackling sounds from that speaker. I used to think it was my receiver (was using a yamaha) but I have since replaced it with a known working Sony that sounds excellent. I've read of others having these kind of issues with USB DAC's so that's why I believe its the Dac. While this only happens occasionally, i would like a completely working set up without worrying about this happening at all..

Any ideas, please?

Last night I did some more reading on the issue and set the process priority for Itunes in Windows as "High".

Maybe that will help..

I had a similar issue once, although it was happening on both channels. Try turning the master volume down in Windows to about 50% and use more gain on the amp side.

Wow.. well just to update I changed the master control volume in windows to 50% and i haven't heard any static since!

Thanks so much for that simple suggestion battle.. I think that solved it! :music:

Back
Top Bottom