U-Turn Turntable - Has anyone got one yet?

c0op3r

So has anyone actually got a U-Turn?

I looked at there page and it says they are filling order, but I can not find verification that anyone has got one?

there were a couple reports on here, but then, nothing. Sort of puzzling, to be honest. I thought that by now we would be deluged with reports, good and bad.

600 shipped so far and only a couple AK'ers have seen one?

Every day, more and more backers are receiving their Orbits! We are currently halfway through delivering basic Orbits (we are at roughly backer #600 right now). We hope that everyone is loving their new tables, and we encourage you to continue sending us feedback and tweeting pics of your new setups.

We are currently shipping approximately 125 units a week, and are seeking some additional hands to increase our rate of production

Kickstarter update

Sorry for confusion......

Last edited:
Telemike - a question - do you guys have any plans to release a semi-automatic version in the future? I love what you are doing, and had thought about getting one, but my one Kenwood table that is manual (but does have damped cue drop) drives me crazy...invariably I'm in the shower or tied up when it reaches the end of a side...

Yes, I have one. Haven't mentioned much about it because I bought a VPI Scout after backing the Orbit, and the Scout is the better turntable. But that's hardly a surprise given the very large price difference ($170 versus $2000). :D The Orbit is a good option at the price.

600 shipped so far and only a couple AK'ers have seen one?

Every day, more and more backers are receiving their Orbits! We are currently halfway through delivering basic Orbits (we are at roughly backer #600 right now). We hope that everyone is loving their new tables, and we encourage you to continue sending us feedback and tweeting pics of your new setups.

We are currently shipping approximately 125 units a week, and are seeking some additional hands to increase our rate of production

Do you work for U-Turn? :scratch2:

I wasn't aware any of their employees post here. They do lurk, but I wasn't aware they post.

You know, I was wondering the same thing... Where are the reviews, reports and opinions? As much talk as there has been about this in the last year, you would think that AK would be the first place you'd hear be hearing all about these TTs.

I just did an 'Ask' search for "U-Turn Orbit"...There is not a Single Comment/ Review of it out there...

Since no one seems to be excited or angry about their U-turn, I'm guessing the consensus is "meh".

Most of the "reviews" of the turntable are basically comments people have posted on their Twitter account, and are short & sweet, like "Just got my new Orbit! Sounds awesome!" ...etc. Not indepth, but haven't read of people complaining.

Since no one seems to be excited or angry about their U-turn, I'm guessing the consensus is "meh".

I would bet that they're too busy listening to their records to post!

Seriously, not that many people take the time to rave about products, sadly. Rant...hell yes. They have all the time in the world to bitch about something that they don't like. Human nature, I guess.

Seriously, not that many people take the time to rave about products, sadly. Rant...hell yes. They have all the time in the world to bitch about something that they don't like. Human nature, I guess.

This is the truth in my experience.

Thanks, sorry for the confusion, Telemike. I do hope these are good starter tables and that someone will post a review soon...and that down the road, they do a semi-automatic.

Thanks, sorry for the confusion, Telemike. I do hope these are good starter tables and that someone will post a review soon...and that down the road, they do a semi-automatic.

Cost-wise, U-turn might want to consider an early 70's Sansui solution...instead of returning the arm to the stand, just lifting it at the end of record and shutting off. Really, that's the concern most of us have...that one fateful glass of Merlot that pushes you over the edge...and suddenly it's 5 am and your turntable is still spinning...

If it had turned out to be a bad product or disappointing in some serious way there would be a huge outpouring. Count on it. Look for for some more in-depth discussion after they've been out there for awhile and people have actually had a chance to play around with them a bit.

Funny how this reminds me a teensy bit of a couple of Scottish lads and a turntable. Let's hope it ends better for all of the people involved.

Back
Top Bottom