SM-1000A Tube Receiver...any details?

bhuskins

So I found a really nice project....SM-1000A tube receiver...looks just like the 1000A.

The only info I've been able to find is a couple pictures from a brochure where it shows that it's 50 wpc versus the 1000A is 40 wpc.

Anybody else have any additional details/schematics/info on this rare model?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 61
I wonder how they're getting another 10 watts out of it.

Well, I am sure an expert will come along and chime in. :)

like i said it could be a revised and improved version of the 1000a since sansui made countless tube amps back in the day...

20150508_182605_zpsrirfq5ph.jpg

SM stands for Super Mighty, though I have not seen it used in conjunction with the 1000A designation. Pretty neat. Mine is so boring now.

Last edited:
I have an SM-80, I also haven't seen the Super Mighty applied to the 1000 series. Power would be increased with higher B+ to the output tubes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

is this amp gonna be a keeper or are you gonna restore it and sell it for some money i highly suggest you keep that beast because of its rarity and the beauty:drool:

I'll definitely restore...

Here's a shot from underneath...looks original

Power cord has been cut and there are a few things I see at the power input spot...no fuse and one of the outlets is broken and the other is damaged as well...most likely they are what may have caused the issue? History on this unit is unknown.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom