Sansui G971 protection relay trouble

eddantes

Drone, Sector 7-G
My G971 has been acting up. It would lose a channel once in a while... give it a tap and the channel is back. Last time, I thought it was the protection relay (RL602 on the F3702 protection board). I took it off, examined it and cleaned the heck out of it and that seemed to do the trick for a little while. But the problem is back.

Here's the thing... While the g971 is on the bench up-side-down - it never showed the same symptom. As soon as I return it right-side-up to the problem eventually comes back.

Anyways, I'm looking at the relay and I'm wondering if it is the right relay. Also - anyone have any ideas if it isn't the relay?

UqiCkuR.jpg

That relay should be available through Mouser or Digikey. You don't need to spend big bucks for it. I can't quite read the letting on top. Is it an LY2 relay?

There are lots of places the signal can drop out. Don't over focus on the relay. The fact that moving it on it's side changes the fault characteristics may point to a bad solder joint or cracked pcb trace. Probe the board with a wooden chopstick and see if flexing something causes the dropout.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom