sansui B 2301

I have been running my japanese alpha on a 1500kva Santo transformer. Haven't had any issues with transformer hum.

Lovely machine that.

The pics on the other site are a lesson in proper packing.

Getting that from Japan must have been rather costly though.
Pardon my crassness, but how much did it cost to ship?

As well, seems by the pics on the other site that UPS was used to deliver the amp.
What was the cost of shipping and transit time?

Last edited:
Pretty much the best amplifier I have ever heard, I'm so in envy ;-)

I used to sell those back in the eighties, so I had plenty of time to evaluate the sound, but I could never afford to keep one for myself.

My personal budget for use at home stopped at Sansuis largest integrated efforts. I had every 1980:s Sansui flagship integrated at home at one time or another. I do not have any of those anymore, which is no big regret, as they sounded nowhere near the 2301-combo from a pure SQ perspective so not being even halfgood substitutes.

The AU-D11 was the best 80:s Sansui integrated amp imho. They didn't sound any better after that. The integrated Sansuis from the 70:s where probably closer to 2301 regarding SQ.

Anyway, now in 2015 I just saw a B-2301 being advertised for 2500€ from Italy. I'm not going to buy it this time ... :(

Yeah the guy from Italy has it for sale for some months now, but it's difficult. He doesn't even have paypal.
More or less this is the price that this amp sells in Europe though. I payed the same amount 2 years ago to a german guy to buy it. If someone needs to find one cheaper there are some at yahoo , but the shipping is killing.

Yes, there are a few around but obviously hard to aquire, congrats on getting one you wont find anything better! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom