Au-9500

samosui

Moderators: please move this post if not appropriate for this section.

I like my AU-9500 that I bought here a couple or three years ago on Barter Town. Once in a while I will Google or check one of the auction sites to see what the value is of various items. Some that I have and some that I want or sometimes just to see what's out there. My guess is others on this site do the same.

Anyway, I checked one of the auction sites (eBay) and there was one with a BIN price that was surprisingly low. Either that or I paid too much for mine or nobody wants this model any more. Or maybe the seller doesn't know the true value or there might be a catch. It's pick up only in New England (New Hampshire), FYI.

Cheers,
John

I would say $300-$400 is the going rate for an AU-9500 that is in original unrestored condition.

Rob

Moderators: please move this post if not appropriate for this section.

I like my AU-9500 that I bought here a couple or three years ago on Barter Town. Once in a while I will Google or check one of the auction sites to see what the value is of various items. Some that I have and some that I want or sometimes just to see what's out there. My guess is others on this site do the same.

Anyway, I checked one of the auction sites (eBay) and there was one with a BIN price that was surprisingly low. Either that or I paid too much for mine or nobody wants this model any more. Or maybe the seller doesn't know the true value or there might be a catch. It's pick up only in New England (New Hampshire), FYI.

Cheers,
John

Pricing is much different here in New England than it is in California. Sadly the unit in question is about the going rate here in snow country USA.

It wasn't all that long ago I saw one on eBay that stated the unit was serviced (not rebuilt) and was selling for close to a thousand bucks.
I might even have a screen capture of that auction somewhere.

If the prices are that low in some areas, when compared to other areas, there is an opportunity for arbitrage. If you can manage to have someone pick it up in New England, and ship it to England, you can make a few bucks.

I know that's the case with some old English cars: they sell for much more in the UK than they do in the USA and Canada. Some folks do business to support their old car hobby by importing them back to the UK.

I would have to pay more for an AU-9500 in collector condition here than the price in question.

Thanks all for your replies. I paid about $500 for mine (stock condition) and am not disappointed. Just thought that they may have appreciated a bit in value although that's not why I bought it. I just wanted one :D

Cheers,
John

Back
Top Bottom