sansui B 2301

Talk about a rare bird, and very impressive looking. All that's left to complete the set is the C-2301. Congrats on acquiring a great piece of Sui gear. :thmbsp:

Hi
thank you,:D
drive it very very well ren90, strong bass, mid and treble sublime:tresbon:
Yes, I am very pleased with this purchase, other sansuis return to their packaging for a moment:scratch2:

That is very nice. Someone knew how to pack your amp. My AU-Alpha607 Extra got smashed.

What are you using for a preamp at the moment?

Rob

That is very nice. Someone knew how to pack your amp. My AU-Alpha607 Extra got smashed.

What are you using for a preamp at the moment?

Rob

Did you get a refund on that amp Rob what a shame they could not pack it right.:tears:

If it is a Japanese Domestic amp, it is designed to run on 100v. The Domestic stuff generally is not multi-voltage. Be sure to use the correct step down transformer.

Did you buy it from a guy on ebay?

- Pete

If it is a Japanese Domestic amp, it is designed to run on 100v. The Domestic stuff generally is not multi-voltage. Be sure to use the correct step down transformer.

- Pete
hello
Yes,is an amp for the Japanese market, I use variable transformer 2000VA to feed :D
buy at hifido

Looking good terii, looking real good. :thmbsp: Just out of curiosity, what was the 1st choice of music you used to christen it with?

KRUDER DORFMEISTER TH K&D SESSION and radio web:SKY.FM soft smooth jazz

Last edited:

- Pete

What would be the downside to running it at 120v? Would the stepdown transform add a lot of noise?

Phil

If you run a piece of equipment designed to operate on 100v at 115v (the US standard line voltage) all of the internal voltages will be 15% higher than they were designed for. You very much run the risk of damaging the amp. It will run hotter and especially with an old piece of equipment, components may fail.

As far as noise generated by a step down transformer, that would depend on the quality of the transformer. Terii, the original poster in this thread, said he was using a step down transformer, maybe he can comment. In his case he would be stepping down from 240v to 100 volts, a much bigger drop.

When shopping for a transformer, be sure to get one with enough capacity for the maximum draw of the amp. That value will usually be on an ID plate on the back of the amp.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom