Show Me Your Sansui!

Did you already try a sheath current filter (TV ground loop isolator) for the antenna cable?

Hi,

Only just seen your reply - sorry.

No, I have not tried this - but I would imagine it would make things even worse. In fact, the RF distribution system is not grounded at source, but does now get a ground via the tuner.

Ground loops are only harmful when they share the signal path in a high-impedance circuit. A properly-engineered system is not affected by ground loops.

If I find a solution I will post it on here - but, short of changing to better ethernet cables I don't believe there is one.

Thanks,

R

My latest arrival in group photo - the CA2000+BA2000 being test fed by iTunes->AE->DAC. :music:

dn22pz.jpg

2mnom4i.jpg

What are the small units that look like sansui? vinyl pre?

My first set of vintage speakers, I've had them over a year or so. 20 bucks and everything is mint, the grill cloth looks like it got paint on it or something, so I put those away until I decide I want to fix them up. I expected the woofers on these things to be burnt up or really loose, but they feel as tight as a brand new speaker, simply amazing what they can do. Of course something will come along later that will replace these, but I'm a fan of Sansui! But I can't play them loud in my apartment. Boo! :thumbsdn:

DSC00653_zps0225472e.jpg

DSC00654_zpsdb2ac137.jpg

DSC00655_zps41f90f7b.jpg

I know speakers can be really objective and the 'quality' is up to the listener's ear, but are these well regarded among Sansui enthusiasts?

P.S. sorry for the Reference One photobombing :p

Here's my Sansui stuff.
G-7500 receiver and FR-D25 turntable.
G-7500 receiver and SC-1300 cassette deck.
Sansui S-615 3 way speakers.
My Sansui setup.

Another AU-317 here had some solder joints to be redone and a few caps to replace, including the main ones, "burning-in" right now...

2bp0nq.jpg

331m2hf.jpg

x52icj.jpg

28knjhh.jpg

First time getting any vintage stereo gear. Heard great things about Sansui and bought an AU7900 ($390) and TU5900 ($50) off of craigslist. Did a little research on speakers and found some JBL L5 ($250). I love how the whole system sounds. I am listening to all my cds over again and can hear things I never heard before in each record, its awesome. Not as cool as some of the other Sansuis on here, but I will work my way up :yes:IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

@ToniCH

Great Tuner - I love mine too. Enjoy it!

Thanks, I will!

It didn't quite fit my living room rack, the unit is little too high was sticking out (even without its feet). So, I was worried I would kick the power switch while walking by. So, I decided to swap things around until I get my new stereo rack assembled. So, I reinstalled the old tuner and moved the TU-9900 to my home office -set. Fits there nicely too. I only need to buy an proper antenna for it.

2nia2iq.jpg

Toni is your tu 9900, short of a couple of bulbs on the display? I mean it looks like a couple of them look burnt.

Toni is your tu 9900, short of a couple of bulbs on the display? I mean it looks like a couple of them look burnt.
Hi, I don't know. Didn't notice anything as the sun is shining so brightly. You tell me:

2rm5yxg.jpg

If they are, where to get new ones and difficulty of the job (1-5)? I mean should I contact the store I bought it from and ask for compensation for the bulbs and work or is it easy/cheap?

Its much more sensitive than my Marantz ST 7 which was a surprice.

I can't be sure , but the area around 94-96 MHz looks a bit darker. also the area from 108 MHz to the end. It's not expensive though to buy a set of bulbs , all of them , 8 I think for the tu 9900, form CAS at ebay.de. Something like 12e if I remember correctly. It's a easy job , you can do it.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a set from CAS just to be sure (13.50€+postage). I'll have a look. I've mostly worked on amps this far - tuners look so fragile and mystic inside I haven't dared to touch them yet. Pretty much like I build and fix my car motors but I don't touch automatic gearboxes ;)

BTW. went and bought an antenna for my home office. Just a simple coax dipole antenna + F-connector -adapters. It works great, this tuner is so sensitive I cannot believe it! :cool: :music:

What kind of wooden components you use for your office rack?
I used 300 x 60cm x 40mm Mahogany table top (bought from Bauhaus). All pieces incl. the feet were cut from that. Used 8mm nuts, the kind you hammer into predrilled hole + spikes and attached the feet to the tops with Alligator plugs and long torx screws. I sanded all the pieces and then used Osmocolor wood oilwax, repeated this for about 3 times. They are all the same color, the top piece is light by sunshine where the lower pieces are in shade. In person its much darked than in the pic.

The black slates are polished granite.

I will be making a new rack to my living room (pic. above) from the same material. Already cut the pieces. But this time the table top itself will be granite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom