AU 7900 Integrated Amp needs service

I recently came by my 3rd piece of Sansui hardware. It is an AU 7900 amp. It does not come out of protection, I am told that it probably was taken out by lightening by previous owner. The amp is in great physical condition inside and out and worthy of saving from my point of view (at least to this point). I cannot find anything "smoked" on any of the boards. I've done most cursery checks, having rebuilt my 8080db several years ago, I can make my way around inside somewhat reasonably. I do have the service manual with schematics but I am starting to exceed my capability. To make my short story longer, can any of you recommend an experienced Sansui tech that woulb be interested in fixing this thing up for me? I am near Cleveland, Ohio but could ship it. Your recommendations would be great. Thanks.

As long as there are no obvious burn marks (just ahead of the black metal frame that holds the output transistors) on the board should not be hard to do the internet tech thing. Many here ready to assist, if you did a 8080 then the au should not be too complicated to diagnose.

Back
Top Bottom