Sansui SP-2000 Value?

echase55

Crazy Zirconium
Can anyone provide an estimate of value for Sansui SP-2000 speakers in fair-to-good condition? (All 6 drivers working, but moderate cosmetic scratches)

Thanks!

I purchased 2 pairs sp-2500 in really hice cosmetic shape for $80 a few months ago, and one set had replaced wooferers with rotting surrounds. I thought that was a great buy.

I would not hesitate to spend $50-75 ish on a pair that you describe. anything under 50 is a steal, over a 100 would be too much

heres what I paid for some sansui speakers within the last year..

sp-x9700 $200 minty
sp-x7700 130 minty
sp-x6700 60 cosmetic wear and one blown mid
sp-3700a $70 cosmetic wear but not too bad(was told all good, but found dead mids and a dead ambience horn..:thumbsdn:..try before you buy)
sp-2500 $80 for 2 pairs very clean cabs, but 2x bad woofer surrounds

$25 -$35, Local thrift had a pair "close to mint" for $20 here. I have a set in the garage you can have.

Sp-2000 speakers

I got my dad's original pair from 1969, but the 6.5" mid on one was bad. I asked my brother to keep an eye out for a used pair (I did not want to spend a lot, and would have extra parts) In less than a month he found a WORKING PAIR for $8.

I recapped them, but really these are "okay" speakers at best. They are nice to look at. I have seen them go for next to nothing, and I have seen them go for $150+ pr. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom