CA 3000 along with 2301's

Oh boy ,i wish i had the Money when i was Young , to buy all of em. The whole Definition series . Absolute excellent machinery , built , SOUND.
Absolute machininig , looks , everything. This is my NEW toy. It will stay and acompany , 2301's . What a beautifull sound , what a unique look.
From the era they were making machines with PASSION.

John,I looked at the video twice and preamp looks MINT.
So,C-2301 is surplus now?...you know the address :D

That is if i ever decide part with me beloved c 2301.

Hell , i can't part with any of my sansui . Not even one.
Actually there is one beautifull eight waiting on my brothers home up there in haverhill ma , to be sent down here . Allmost 4 months.
Bought it when i found out , we were on suspension , 249 pilots. back in december.
Still waiting for bro to find time and willing to ship it. SOB.
At least the guy i bought from , ca3k was quite fair and honest. He said it would take a week , it a week . My stupid bro takes some months. hell.
Well at least i have the ca3k to keep me busy.

The CA-3000 is a lovely preamp. I'm still looking for one, to drive my BA-5000. Believe it or not, I had much less trouble finding an AU-20000, so I'm using it as my pre-amp.

I'd take another CA-2000, I actually prefer the input switching arrangement on the 2000, I use one to drive my BA-2000. Don't know much about the 2301, maybe you can post more info, specs, date of manufacture, and so on.

Thanks for the link. An impressive piece of kit. Like everything, but not so keen on the "digital" power meter displays. But, as i learned, they can be switched off.

Bridgeable? The B-2301, I mean.

Last edited:
No it does not bridge. I wish it could do it, allthough it's an easy fix.
I don't need all that power. Imean the power it will pump if bridged.
Even now the 300/8 550/4 watts it pumps out are more than i need.
I'd love a pair of classic power meters too. But sansui chose another
way of displaying power on that era. The significant thing is the combo
and how it sounds. Marvelous.Along with the luxurious look .

Back
Top Bottom