Need QRX repairs - seattle area

Canned Swank

Just bought my first quad.. QRX-7001 it worked when I tested it at the sellers house.. we hooked up a phonograph through 2 speakers is all we could do, but everything seemed to work. I knew going in the lights were fading, the dials and buttons were scratchy, but working, so putting some money into this was part of the plan... but I wasn't planning on the amp or some other major part bailing on me simply driving home... :( tried to get a CD player to work through the aux or the tape... and nothing at all, not even a buzz. only the phono buzzes. The tuner works but it appears that maybe only speaker A or B works but not both... need to double check that.

Anyplace in the Seattle area that can fix this, or long distance I guess if that works best. Or tell me its a fuse or something, some special thing like press and hold the on button for 10 seconds....and make me really happy, cuz this really bites, I paid a fair price for a working unit.

thanks.

Welcome to the 'Exclusively Sansui' Forum Canned Swank. :thmbsp:

You must expect that 30/40 year old electronics will have some issues if not now, then later. :yes:

From your description it sounds like your unit needs a thorough going over by a competant tech. However I think it is true to say that the Sansui QRX series are quite complicated and not every tech's 'favourite' to work on - especially the ones close to the top of the range. There are some real QRX experts on here with luck they might chime in, whoever you get to work on your QRX - try to ensure they are 'vintage aware' and ideally have worked on one before.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom