Anybody else order a Spin Clean recently?

Sticklyman

I ordered one direct form the manufacturer about a week ago. Recently I got an email from them saying that they've been overrun with orders and had to switch to a new molding facility to keep up. So, if it was anybody here that's delaying my order... why I oughtta!!!

I just ordered last night....direct from their website and paid thru Paypal...receipt referenced "Northern Audio & Home Theatre" as the business.
I was hopeful (until I read this) that the order wouldn't take more than one week.
Think I'll call them....

According to the email I got, they should be able to start shipping them again the week of March 8th. Also, any orders received before March 1st should be getting a free 32 oz. bottle of their cleaning solution. That's just for orders through their website and Amazon. And lastly, they said they'd refund it if you want to cancel the order.

It's worth waiting for. Be sure and buy a bunch of micro-fiber towels for drying. I don't care for the rags they sell. I like to use distilled water too. You'll get your own system down for washing after you use it and will be able to crank the records out. I think it's a great product.

According to the email I got, they should be able to start shipping them again the week of March 8th. Also, any orders received before March 1st should be getting a free 32 oz. bottle of their cleaning solution. That's just for orders through their website and Amazon. And lastly, they said they'd refund it if you want to cancel the order.
That's exactly correct....
I just got off the phone with the owner (Mark...seemed like really nice guy).
They had a hiccup with their injection mold facility and he reported a week to ten days out now.

He also gave me a little history lesson.
Spin Clean has been around since 1974 from Pittsburgh. His dad owned a record shop and sold these like hotcakes...could not keep them on the shelf...(They were colored brown back in the day if you were wondering).
The manufacture didn't have the same luck as Mark's dad did with selling them so they announced they were closing up shop, ....Mark's dad purchased the molds and changed the color to yellow so you could better see all the dirt that was actually being cleaned off your records.
Not only are we supporting a "Made in the USA" product, Mark also tells me the brush components are all hand-assembled which speaks to the quality of these units.

I'm excited to see this thing work when I get her home.

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. I am sick of hand washing, will not buy a VPI, and hope this fits my needs.:scratch2:

I'm interested to know how this system works and am waiting to see the video that they say they will post soon on their website. I currently use an old Discwasher brush with MoFi Super Record Wash fluid and then finish up with a micro fiber brush. My LPs are very quiet and my system seems to work well. Not sure if the Spin Clean would improve on what I already do? BUT, I'm open to it, if it does. Thoughts?

-Matt

I'm interested to know how this system works and am waiting to see the video that they say they will post soon on their website. I currently use an old Discwasher brush with MoFi Super Record Wash fluid and then finish up with a micro fiber brush. My LPs are very quiet and my system seems to work well. Not sure if the Spin Clean would improve on what I already do? BUT, I'm open to it, if it does. Thoughts?

-Matt

Matt, I pretty much clean my records the way you do. I need the spinclean mainly for used records that I buy that need a real good cleaning so they can be played on the deck. I used to hand wash but, now hopefully the Spinclean will be a better option.

Just ordered the complete system this morning. Hope it's here before the 20th. This will be my first RCM.

"Made in the USA" too! Awesome! When I saw the price, I was afraid it was not.

Dave

Last edited:
I had accumulated a small pile of used classical music LPs.
They all get a wash before playing.
A dish rack is handy to have for stacking and air drying after the LP have gone through the spinning process. (^_^)
After spinning about 18 or so LPs, time to hand dry the first one with micro fiber towel and return it to the album cover.
On to the next.................... till they are done.
You can listen to the first cleaned and dried LP as you start the next batch
Does not take that long to do fifty LPs.:thmbsp:

I'm interested to know how this system works and am waiting to see the video that they say they will post soon on their website.
-Matt

There is a video on Garage-A-Records' website that includes a demonstration of the Spin Clean, among other cleaning systems. It's kind of bad quality and long, so you have to try and find the right section of the video, but still fairly informative.

I use mine in the basement where there is a laundry tub. I put in a record, rotate three times, pull it out and stand it against the side of the tub. While I am doing the second one the first one drains. I lay out a m'fiber cloth atop the washing machine and lay the first record on that and set the second one to drain. Do a third record then dry the first one. Our basement is reasonably dry so I can rock the dried record back and forth between my fingers and it gets completely dry. Then second on to the cloth, third one to drain, etc.

The majority of the records are quiet after this treatment unless they have surface marks.

Matt, I pretty much clean my records the way you do. I need the spinclean mainly for used records that I buy that need a real good cleaning so they can be played on the deck. I used to hand wash but, now hopefully the Spinclean will be a better option.

Thanks, Mark. That's what I was thinking, but I just wanted to make sure that Spin Clean wasn't for regular cleaning. It's for heavy duty LP cleaning. Good to know.

And Sticklyman, thanks for the video info. Very helpful.

-Matt

I am also on back-order with them, it is a practical alternative to the VPI and it doesn't suck.

I am also interested in this product. I have to say that the records I washed with the pressure washer are very quiet. But its a time consuming ordeal and the garage is to humid for my liking as it is still very cold outside.
This seems like a viable alternative to sink washing.

Might look into one of these. I built a DIY machine early last summer, and it works quite nicely, but I'd like to clean more later at night (when I can't crank my system) and the RCM makes lots of noise.

So noisy that I started wearing hearing protection so that I don't fry my ears while cleaning records, how ironic would that be?

I could save the RCM for the worst and dirtiest, and a SpinClean for the rest...

Sleep, your mentioning of a DIY vacuum machine gave me an idea. Has anybody ever heard or thought of building a vacuum rig to work with a Spin Clean? Just a simple shop vac attachment positioned against the record while it's in the cleaner.

I now see the folly of my ways. As you spin the record, it resubmerged into the cleaning solution... well, I thought it was a good idea.

Why oh why do I read these threads?????

Yanno, for a long time it seemed that every time I logged onto AK someone had posted something that piqued my interest and I ended up dropping some coin. Then I stumbled onto this concept called self-discipline. (I have no idea where it came from.) Great money saver but no fun at all. And then, this afternoon, I log in and Sticklyman posts this!!!!

Yep, I just ordered the complete system; so much for self-discipline.

Seriously, I am also tired of hand cleaning all those intriguing thrift store discoveries. Thanks for the heads up (I'll get back to self-discipline tomorrow).

Gotta love Made in the U.S.A.

Back
Top Bottom