The worst remake/cover of a song

fropiler

I think I heard it this morning on Satellite radio. It was a remake of Carly Simon's "You're so vain" By... Faster Pussycat! - Just plain dreadful.

and I though Uncle Krackers hack of "Drift away" was bad :thumbsdn:

I dare you listen to these Britney Spears covers - I can't get no satisfaction and I love Rock n' Roll :cry: :wtf: :puke: :dammit: :bs: :bash:

Glassman said:
Um, well, what about "Rocket Man" by William Shatner?

Jay

If I thought Kirk was serious when he did that, he'd be at the top of the list for that one.

Was he serious? :scratch2:

The cover Dave Matthews did of "Imagine" was pretty foul, although who was it... Eva Cassidy or someone(?) did a horrible one where she even misinterpreted the lyrics and changed them as well...

And don't forget about the Michael Bolton cover of "Drift Away" *shudder*

A recent one.

"Give a little bit", Originally by supertramp, now redone(destroyed) by some garbage-rock band.(not sure what the name is).

rca2000 said:
"Give a little bit", Originally by supertramp, now redone(destroyed) by some garbage-rock band.(not sure what the name is).

There are a couple of these floating around. I think the one you are thinking of is done/hacked by the Goo Goo dolls. :thumbsdn:

fropiler said:
If I thought Kirk was serious when he did that, he'd be at the top of the list for that one.

Was he serious? :scratch2:

Well, it was performed at a 1978 Science Fiction show, so I am afraid he might have been very serious. Then again, do you remember the SNL episode where he did a parody of one of those shows and started asking the people what they were doing there. Didn't they have lives? Then his agent pulled him aside and he apoligized to the people and told him he was under the influence of a Klingon mind trace or some such and the crowd let out a big sigh of relief.

Jay

Who was that kid back about '77-78 who did covers of early '60s hits ? Looked like a real punk ? Oh yeah, Leif Garrett. Anybody besides me that wanted to just smack the livin' shit outta him, just on general principles?!? <grin>-Sandy G.

That Dixie Chicks cover of "Landslide" was totally unnecessary. But you must hear Eddie Furlong's version of "People Are Strange" to truly experience bad.

Some chick covered "I Think Were Alone Now" by Tommy James & The Shondells back in the eighties. Now THAT really sucked. Dont get me wrong I like some girl singers. The ones with power and a little soul like say Tina Turner, Janis Joplin, Aretha, to name a couple. I just CANT STAND the whiney little no talents that seem to catch on from time to time. Whats the one right now Britney something?

Tubejunke said:
Some chick covered "I Think Were Alone Now" by Tommy James & The Shondells back in the eighties. Now THAT really sucked. Dont get me wrong I like some girl singers. The ones with power and a little soul like say Tina Turner, Janis Joplin, Aretha, to name a couple. I just CANT STAND the whiney little no talents that seem to catch on from time to time. Whats the one right now Britney something?
The "I Think Were Alone Now" cover was Tiffany,a 17 year old hack who used to hold concerts in malls.How about the same girls version of the Beatles "I saw her standing there"?But my all time avoid like bad cheese cover is Hole's version of "Gold Dust Woman".

2DualsNotEnough said:
The "I Think Were Alone Now" cover was Tiffany,a 17 year old hack who used to hold concerts in malls.

Tiffany will also be appearing in Playboy soon, about 15 years beyond anyone really caring... :naughty:

Well I haven't heard it yet, but some current rock outfit is doing a cover of Black Betty by Ram Jam. I just know it has to suck because the kids at work think its fantastic.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom