Marantz 5010B re belt.

Cogsinister

Dropped off by a friend as not working.....opening up revealed why.....the capstan belt looked to have streched to twice its normal size.......and the drive belt was snapped.....

4803247627_178abd1568_b.jpg

Transport out....side view of bad belt/s.

4803247827_99c7b564be_b.jpg

A bit of dismantling and a rummage thru the belt stash .....new (2nd hand) belts installed.

4803878874_bd4c95bb78_b.jpg

She plays.....and looks pretty, AND sounds superb !!

4803248097_c4d27756f0_b.jpg

Great! Job! Great! Deck!

Thanks,
John.:music::D

At one time re belting old cassette decks scared me.....but after you have done a few it becomes fun....i would say to anyone with an old classic deck.....dont let it sit there.....get it open and have a go.......if i can do it anyone can !!!!!

I was looking at your deck and it is different than the 5010b that I have inside? I don't have any fuses?:scratch2:

Thanks,

I was looking at your deck and it is different than the 5010b that I have inside? I don't have any fuses?:scratch2:

Thanks,

I had forgotten about this thread John, perhaps they changed the design of the decks depending on where they were sold, the one i fixed up for my friend could have been a Canadian or even a multi-voltage European model.....i never checked, time was short so i just ripped the top off and got down to fixing it.

Its still working well i believe.

I have a 5025b that may actually be identical to this, even inside it looks the same.
Anyway what is the main belt length. I put a belt form my stach and it didn't let it spin up @ full speed.
Cool.
Srinath.

Great pictures of the job. I have my Marantz 2050 open and could see the main wheel bearing cap had to come off. Now I see you remove the whole drive unit which is required on mine to get at the 2 screws on the side that hold the main wheel bearing. Thanks for the look see.

Great pictures of the job. I have my Marantz 2050 open and could see the main wheel bearing cap had to come off. Now I see you remove the whole drive unit which is required on mine to get at the 2 screws on the side that hold the main wheel bearing. Thanks for the look see.

Glad it helped :)

Back
Top Bottom