Advent Legacy II recap value please

rumblestrip

Just picked up this set of almost pristine Advent Legacy II's. When I hooked them up, the one tweeter didn't play. Took it out and put the meter to it. Nothing wrong there. Took the crossover/terminal plate out and saw that the small cap had blown up. Took out the other one to check the value, only to find it covered in glue with the value designation face down. I really don't want to start ripping the good crossover apart just to get this value. Can somebody please tell me what the value is, or where I can find out. Much appreciated.

Pictures removed to recover attachment space.

Last edited:
They are 32uf and 6uf. The upgrade really makes a difference. In fact the cap upgrade on these speakers had a more dramatic difference than any other pair of speakers I have done. You will enjoy them.

Do you know the values for Laureates as well? Found the ebay listing for the Legacy IIs, guess I could ask about Laureates, also.

Last edited:
Glad to hear the upgrade made such an impact, and that it is so easy to do (just two caps) maybe I'll venture in to CO upgrade waters. I too have a pair of Legacy II's that I got for a song and was delighted to hear them sound so good after replacing rotted foam. Now I have to find my soldering iron...

Back
Top Bottom