Just got this Acoustic Research X-07 Anybody ?

jgscott

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
After searching around for a new Bedroom 2 ch, I landed on this Acoustic Research Teledyne X-07 Receiver. Not much on the Web about them but the little I've seen were very positive reviews. Nice fat Bass output, and a claimed .03%THD, and surprising Twin Power supplies like (HK) stuff.

Its rated at 60wpc, which is ok for Bedroom volume, but I'm hopeing the Twin Power Supplies mean it's a little stronger, or at least has real good headroom. It's remote controlled, and very low and flat in size to fit under in a perfect space I had that was limited height. I also liked that it has 3 tone controls Bass, Mid, and Treble.

This is going to match up with a pair of Very rare Thiel 01's that I just got, that I have been searching for a long time. The woofers are out being refomed as we speak, and the hard to find macthed Thiel EQ is in the building, that reportely gets the Thiel 01's down into the 30hz range in a 19inch height cab. :banana:.

I can't wait to hear this set up. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this receiver? And any comments on what the built quality of the inside looks like ? Thanks.

Attachments

• AR X-07.jpg
    AR X-07.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 88
  • X07.jpg
    X07.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 84
I'd definitely check the amp's health if you value those rare speakers. Looks like a well made unit, but old gear is just that.

The guy I'm getting it from, had it checked already but I was going to pull the cover and eyeball it myself to. I'm also gonna have to rebuild the Thiel EQ I found with new fresh parts.

What I was trying to get is opinions on the built quality and parts used in the receiver based on the pics. Thanks

Last edited:
Heres a pic of the Thiels and EQ. These are not mine but just like them.

Mine are Consecutive ser #'s. The Wood finish is a 9 1/2 on a scale of 1-10. Only 19inches high, with a 10" woofer, 28lbs heavy.

The original EQ lets the bass get them down into 30hz with nice and tight bass in this small and sealed enclosure.

Uses Eminience Drivers.

I got from another great AK'er here.

Attachments

• Thiel 01 side tweeter.JPG
    Thiel 01 side tweeter.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_3955-1[1].jpg
    100_3955-1[1].jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 23
  • P1220627.jpg
    P1220627.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 28