What the hell is this?

These same rare Pioneer Horn Loaded Corner speakers appeared, just today, in the General Audio Discussion Forum in a thread called " What´s wrong with horn loaded speakers", page 3, post nº. 38
I would not mind owning them. I think they might actually be quite good.
Jorge

i do beleive it's called a speaker and an interesting one at that to say the least. :D.other than that i havnt got a clue never seen one before.

I suspect there is no woofer. Looks like a block off plate in the front. Also the label has a cutoff freq of 300c/s. Possibly the top end with the setup to accept a variety of fifferent woofers. Yes, rather interesting English translation from Japanese. Wonder how long b/f someone back then noticed it.

That sectioned horn does say Pioneer on it doesnt it?
I have a weakness for odd speakers but this one would take the cake!

RC

doucanoe said:
That sectioned horn does say Pioneer on it doesnt it?
I have a weakness for odd speakers but this one would take the cake!

RC

High RC,

How odd is this one for you? (Attached pic. )
Jorge

I built several of these about 25 years ago. Mine had the speaker on the front like a normal box but it had the slot in the back and used the corners of the room to extend the base. It is not a true horn but it has a lot lower base than the folded horn. Mine were 48 inches tall.I mounted the high end drivers in a narrow box on top that matched the bottom. I think the one in the picture has the speaker removed and the box is empty.
Ed

Back
Top Bottom