XRT2K Theater Pics (at last)

masterlu

McIntosh Member
Here are some pics of my Theater which has the XRT2Ks & McIntosh galore. I have 12 Mac Amps totaling over 14K watts.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 371
The 3rd unit down in the photo is actually the new Mac C1000 tube pre-amp section. I have lots of photo's but I have to resize them all because they were just taken today on a super Hi-Res camera. Each original photo is 5mb's! The gear section is so large, it had to be shot in many sections. I will post some more later tonight. Thanks All!

It sounds like it should, Unbelievable! Here are a few more pics. It's in a large room 22x26x14, I have two different projection systems, an RPTV for the MS300 server & a Sony G90 with a Stewart electric screen for the movies. XR27's are used for Center & Sides. I also have 4 additional subs, one in each :music: corner of the room powered by 1201's (I like my Bass)

Attachments

• Img_0261.jpg
    Img_0261.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Img_0279.jpg
    Img_0279.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Img_0294.jpg
    Img_0294.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Img_0303.jpg
    Img_0303.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Img_0305.jpg
    Img_0305.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Img_0310.jpg
    Img_0310.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 339
Funny thing, when I had this Mahogany unit built I had no idea I would be packing it with a ton of McIntosh gear (literally) plus it supports me when I'm climbing on it to wire in new stuff.

Thanx

:D WOW :D

Were you playing that last night? I think I heard it up here in Indy!

One question, on your C1000 which do you use more the tube pre section or solid state? I have the C1000 on my wish list but I don't have the money or room for both units so which would you recomend tube or solid state?

Victor

What an amazing system! But, being fundamentally over-curious, I'm forced to ask:

1. Whether you're considering the MC2KWs for those magnificent new speakers?

2. Whether you're considering bi-amping them with, say, a pair of MC-501s?

Along with everyone else here, I'm in awe!

Victor said:
...I have the C1000 on my wish list but I don't have the money or room for both units so which would you recomend tube or solid state?

Oh, be careful, Victor! You're gonna have to win the same lottery that Masterlu did.

The C-1000 zings right past my limits, in either form, as do those speakers and the 2000w amps that go with them. We're talking $16,000 for the pre, $60,000 for the amps, and $80,000 for the speakers, then another $15,000 for the CDP, meaning $169,000 for a basic 2-ch CD-only rig.

I'm green with envy of Masterlu's system, but in real life, my ever-so-indulgent wife would divorce me if I ever even got close to those numbers!

Hmmm...unless... gotta go buy some lotto tickets, see ya!

:eek:

:yikes:

:jawdrop:

:cry:

:ntwrthy:

Holy ....!!

That is one, well, incredible isn't sufficient to describe it, system. I hate you now.

- JP

I would spend a plane ticket from Belgium, just to come and see them, when you think you got a nice setup yourself, all melts like snow for the sun seeing this stuff.I've got no words for it, just wonderful :banana: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

Victor said:
:D WOW :D

One question, on your C1000 which do you use more the tube pre section or solid state? I have the C1000 on my wish list but I don't have the money or room for both units so which would you recomend tube or solid state?

Victor

I probably use the tube section more, because it sounds a little warmer. You can't go wrong with either box. Plus they look so cool!

Negotiableterms said:
What an amazing system! But, being fundamentally over-curious, I'm forced to ask:

1. Whether you're considering the MC2KWs for those magnificent new speakers?

2. Whether you're considering bi-amping them with, say, a pair of MC-501s?

Along with everyone else here, I'm in awe!

Hi Nego,

1. I would have got the MC2KW's for my system, but the Amps logo glow like a Christmas tree. Which wouldn't work for me in Theater mode. The Engineer's missed that one tiny detail. 1201's are easy to completely black out, just remove the lamp module.

2. Mine are Tri-Amped with 3 1201's each, so I'm good on power.

Jericho said:
I would spend a plane ticket from Belgium, just to come and see them, when you think you got a nice setup yourself, all melts like snow for the sun seeing this stuff.I've got no words for it, just wonderful :banana: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

Thanks everyone, when in South Florida let me know your coming. :music:

Back
Top Bottom