New Separates from Line Magnetic...

RGA

Some new separates - I'm interested in a preamp so this one may fit the bill

140108121114.jpg

And their new 845 Monoblock power amps (160 watts per channel)

131227044456.jpg

Models LM512CA & LM519PA respectively

Last edited:
Interesting gain knob on the preamp, these pieces defiantely look good though, maybe with a slight added bit of bling-if you can say bling for LM.

When are these coming our Richard? And will they be making an appearance over here in the US?

Davidro

The heat and humidity in Hong Kong is awful - my apartment is 700 square feet (consider very large for one person). How humid is it? I have three air conditioners and not the small kind.

TimF - they're a bit different from some other Chinese companies - they actually source parts from Japan and Germany like Caps, volume knobs and Cardas wires and connectors etc.

The classic series Preamp - the VV3 is one I would like to try (it retails for $4,000US) and IS carried by Tone Imports. The above products are newly released so there will be lag time on details and availability. The VV3 and the classic series are closer to the Western Electrics products. My understanding is that everything else is their own stuff.

The VV3 uses a pricey autoformer volume control so each click on the knob changes the tap on the transformer.

vv3.jpg

They have what looks to be a budget preamp coming soon too - hopefully Tone Imports will look into this because it would be nice to have some "within reach" products. LM is very high on value for the dollar but it's still not inexpensive outside of a few models.

The LM 212 preamp is coming - from English Chinese translate it says stay tuned because they're still working on it. No bling at all but it's a perfect Aesthetic match for the 215 CD player.

140108034401.jpg

Then there is this G-212 mono block - based on the HUGE 212 tube which is about twice the size of an 845! 30 watts per channel and a rather modest (for Line Magnetic) 28kg(61lbs) each

140120013806.jpg

140120013817.jpg

I have to say this is the sexy beast of the lot for me - Bigger Tube has to be better right. :D

The 212 held by LM's owners

201146222839440.JPG

201146222839452.JPG

Line Magnetic's factory with the 212 beside the 845 and 300b

2011462231429272.JPG

Thanks for the updates, that VV3 sure is a beauty. Well, lets face it, they all are pretty darned nice to look at and even better to listen to I am sure.

I would be very interested in the budget friendly LM 212 preamp. LM makes some beautiful gear.

I would be very interested in the budget friendly LM 212 preamp. LM makes some beautiful gear.

Handsome and timeless good looks. That wouldn't matter a bit if they didn't sound good but not to worry. They sound excellent and are an outstanding value for the money.

Davidro

The heat and humidity in Hong Kong is awful - my apartment is 700 square feet (consider very large for one person). How humid is it? I have three air conditioners and not the small kind.

And that has to be a concern for those of us who plan to live in any tropical/subtropical climate. Really appreciate this update, RGA, particularly the photos, but when I finally get in touch with the Singapore/Malaysia distributor for LMA the 'space heater' image will be firmly in the back of my mind. One area where the newer class D designs have an advantage, at least on paper. :thmbsp:

(I also appreciate the fact that you arent posting impressions from an average North American living room out in the burbs :D )

Back
Top Bottom