Crushed Teac....

Vintage TX

Analog forever
After sending instructions how to pack a Teac safe, this arrived yesterday.. :thumbsdn:

Teacdamage002.jpg

Nice rosewood-cabinet split open... :sigh:

Teacdamage003.jpg

A flimsy box and set the deck sideways inside, wrapped with only thin bubble-wrap and no support on the corners.. :dammit:
Teacdamage001.jpg

Paid $ 80.00 for just the shipping and arrived like crap.
Sometimes even when discuss how the seller will do the packing, and sending pictures + detailed instructions + offer to pay more just to be sure it arrives safe..njaa, cut corners and trow something together instead.. :bash:

Last edited:
Those types of seller should be banned! :mad: Too many of them going about ruining things for everyone else :( .......

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...send your own box and tell 'em to use it!.

Of course, if it is just something that someone sent for repair, then they get what they deserve. Unfortunately, this looks like a personal purchase. Very sorry to see that, and I feel for the trouble you will have to deal with in settling the matter.

Last edited:
Hi
i feel with you. makes me think of this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i was close to crying for a while...

now its looking like this
but was quite a bit work

Condolence to your Teac...
I guess this will be not to repair as easy as the ST-70 was....

i had the wish to go to Copenhagen and kick the sellers a$$ at that time....

Helge

Attachments

• hansfocuspacking_001.jpg
    hansfocuspacking_001.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 221
  • hansfocuspacking_004.jpg
    hansfocuspacking_004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 219
  • hansfocuspacking_002.jpg
    hansfocuspacking_002.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 219
  • hansfocuspacking_003.jpg
    hansfocuspacking_003.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Good Idea!! A Packing-Hall of Shame-Gallery!

Including full names, adresses, eBay-nicks of sellers/packers... a real Packing-Public stock (german:pranger)

:banana: Helge

Thanks guys, I bought this one and seller had good feedback + contacted hime before it ended about packing. Went sour anyway..
I usually send out a road-case for heavy decks that I buy, it weights 23 lbs empty but worth the extra cost shipping 2 ways when buying expensive decks.
But the road-case was already out during this transaction.. :sigh:

Dynacophil, that packing was very poor..shame
Did he ship it from Denmark to US like that ?

Here is my "safe case" for reel to reel:

Roadcaseforshipping001.jpg

On the way to Connecticut right now for a nice deck.

Hi V_TX

Dynacophil, that packing was very poor..shame
Did he ship it from Denmark to US like that ?

no, thank god... - from Copenhavn to Berlin Germany... wouldn't have survived much more... he was a professional with a recording studio - I thought such should know.

Worst thing was, that he put it head over in the box, disassembled, no screws, just this ugly tape around... and as a little treasure instead of a gz34 a 6j6gt in it...

but as you see in the linked gif, it looks quite good now again. But such views of opened boxes can make me an ulcus...

Helge

Hey, I've seen that one before!
Sweet safe case!!
For some reason seeing this brought joy to my heart, knowing that case is doing so much for many units.
Tal

Yes that's right Tal, this case has been across US 10-15 times since you had it. :yes:
Teac X-1000R, 3340, 3440 models, works super and no damage. :thmbsp:

EchoWars said:
I've said it once, and I'll say it again...send your own box and tell 'em to use it!.

EW is exactly right. When there is any doubt, I design and build the packaging and ship it empty. It has really paid off, although, it sure eats up your margin if your intention is to sweeten and resell. But it beats the alternative by a long stretch.

I usually take an identical unit and photgraph packing it into the packing system, showing it in stages, "with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one..." Then there is no excuse for poor packing.

BTW...My hopes and prayers are with the Pioneer that is coming to you. May it come is super sweet, safely packed condition :yes:

Rich P

Last edited:
Seller refunded the shipping today. :banana: So now looking for a replacement cabinet or making a new one.

Tal, yes the road-case has saved many decks from getting crushed.
Was it 3 years ago ?

Rich, the Pioneer RT-1011 arrived double boxed and safe. :thmbsp:

Vintage TX said:
Rich, the Pioneer RT-1011 arrived double boxed and safe. :thmbsp:
You made my day. I am very happy for you, on this account.

Enjoy the sweetening of that bad boy...

Rich P

Thank you Rich, had a much better day today.
The Pioneer is very nice, will take some pictures this weekend. :tresbon:

I had a long talk on the Phone with the guy I'm getting mt C-21 Preamp and Scott 312 tuner from Hopefully he understood how precious those two units are to me I don't want no stinking money back I want the preamp and the tuner in the same condition it's in the photo's that will make my day.

Back
Top Bottom