Cizek Sound Windows - Replacement Tweeters

mario.bono

I've got a pair of these that are missing the original high frequency drivers. I've been using a pair of low priced Peerless domes. They sound OK. I'd like to find something close to the original (or better still, the real deal). Can anyone tell me what was in there originally and/or recommend a "close to the original" replacement. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give.

Yup. Those look just like the blown ones I tossed a few years ago. Doh!
Maybe some vintage AR's for a similar replacement?

The Cizek Model 2, and many of the early Cizeks, used the Peerless KO10DT silk dome. That little cone in the "Sound Windows" photo does NOT look like the Peerless AlNiCo cone tweeter, though. Indeed, it looks an awful lot like the generic 2.5" ceramic magnet cones still sold under the "Pioneer" brand, e.g., by PartsExpress.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=270-032

270-032m.jpg

If it IS the Peerless... well, they're no longer made, but there were gazillions of them made and used in numerous speakers (e.g., some McIntosh models, and the Sonab Carlsson speakers), so they're not too hard to find. I believe that there were 4, 8, and 16 ohm versions.

This is the typical configuration of the Peerless cones, from Roger Russel's Mac site:
mc005top.jpg

Back
Top Bottom