Concept receiver (etc.) - comments from Richard Schram - PART II

Njord Noatun

Concept resources on AK:Richard Schram, founder and CEO of Parasound Products (here is a videocast interview with him at CES in 2006), kindly provided me with some additional information on the Concept line of stereo gear from Pacific Stereo, based on questions posted by AK members in Part I of my Q&A with him.

Mr. Schram was in charge of developing proprietary products for the Northern Calif. based stereo retail chain.

The interview is given in the attachment to this post.

Attachments

• schram-interviews.txt
    54 bytes · Views: 507
My hat is off to Richard Schramm and NN for providing this unique insight into Pacific Stereo and Concept. Better get me a 16.5 before the last of the 1,200 get locked up by enthusiasts.

Since I asked many of these questions posted above, please forward my thanks to Mr. Richard for taking the time to answer them. It's great to know and understand better the history, and details all around.

be well

Marko

Thank you Njord Noatun for sharing. The perspective from the designer is a treasure.
I actually have a 650FET R. Didn't realise it and the 16.5 were cousins.

Attachments

• 650FET R01-72.jpg
    650FET R01-72.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 650FET R02-72.jpg
    650FET R02-72.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 103
Thanks N. N. for all your work! I own a 5.5,4.5,2.5 and a calibre 225,all are audio works or art. Richard is a true gentleman,send him my thanks! God bless and Merry Christmas.

just a couple of shots of this amazing man.........:yes: and many thanks to you
Njord Noatun,for getting this all together. :D

Attachments

• ces-2003-parasound-richard-schram-photo.jpg
    ces-2003-parasound-richard-schram-photo.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 47
  • RAVEPartyParasound2.JPG
    RAVEPartyParasound2.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 52
All this talk of Concept receivers and I had to put the Pioneer SX-850 away and pull out the 12.0D. Currently I have it playing through a set of Polk RT-7's but I may have to pull out the NHT SB3's as I remember those sounding nice paired with the Concept. Thanks for all the insight into such a unique brand.

Jay

With this historical info, I'd like to point out that CBS also bought Fender from Leo Fender around that same timeframe period, and brought that company to ruin in many ways... I'm not sure exactly what year that happened, but I think it was maybe '68 or '69...(?)

Pre-CBS Fender guitars and amplifiers are Very sought after to this day, and remain highly valuable.

be well

Marko

Well, when I went through a divorce about 10 years ago, of course all the audio gear was mine. She sold hers in a garage sale when we got married. Nothing good in that system anyway. Well, being the nice guy that I am, I bought her a Concept 2.0 and some RTR 10" two-way speakers. I tried the Concept 2.0 on some known speakers... and I have to say it was not very good. The low end was terrible. Well, it satisfied a non-descriminating ear....for a while. The dirty switch contacts made for intermittent sound...and she sold it in...a garage sale.

All these questions asked EXCEPT for the most important one???

There's this rumor that the designer of the 16.5 is BUYING them all up and hoarding them?

Having this question answered would be awesome!

Example.... What Concept products do you personally own, today, and how many of each...is it true you're stock piling 16.5s under your mattress?

Thanks for the info!

Teron said:
VideoPodcast of Richard...

Very interesting! I cannot think of much contemporary stereo gear I would rather have than Parasound's: I particularly like their Halo line.

Thanks for posting it, Teron.

Best regards,

Back
Top Bottom