Show your headphone amplifier

boza

Hi all
I was just looking and couldn't find a thread where we have pictures of everyone's dedicated headphone amplifiers.
I am pretty new to headphones only just getting a set through necessity at the end of last year.
I haven't got anything expensive only the jvc HA-RX700 & the 900, I bought the 900 because I liked the 700 so much they are very comfortable.
After reading this forum and seeing. So many people using dedicated amplifiers I decided a few month ago to buy one for my JVC's. Again being on a tight budget it's nothing expensive but I am enjoying the hell out of them.
I would love to see what all you guys are using.
Tube / solid state / DIY /
Please show them all. Here's mine now fitted with Russian tubes set up with a sony CD player.
image.jpg
On it's own
image.jpg

Will take a fancy pic later.

It's just a boring silver box but it sure improves certain phones!

This is what I currently use. It has upgraded tubes.
71J%2BQK3i2YL._SX425_.jpg

There is a thread on head-fi where folks are discovering the use of vintage receivers/integrated amps as HP amps. For some reason, I find humor in this.

I've posted this in another thread...

SPL Phonitor (1st Gen)
16753968487_56c38c9fdd_z.jpg
Here is a stock picture of my other amp:
Bryston BHA-1
L_1.jpg

There is a thread on head-fi where folks are discovering the use of vintage receivers/integrated amps as HP amps. For some reason, I find humor in this.

I've posted this in another thread...

SPL Phonitor (1st Gen)
View attachment 986164
Here is a stock picture of my other amp:
Bryston BHA-1
View attachment 986165
The phonitor looks very complicated but pretty cool.
This is what I currently use. It has upgraded tubes.
71J%2BQK3i2YL._SX425_.jpg
I like the looks of the little dot and there's a lot of good feedback for them.
I can see me ending up with a few tube headphone amp's as funds allow.
Will take a fancy pic later.

It's just a boring silver box but it sure improves certain phones!
Looking foreword to seeing your amp. I've seen from previous post you have quite a collection of can's.

I missed the Massdrop offering. Fortunately I got the Little Dot from NewEgg for the same $119 price. That it's OTL is what attracted me in the first place.

I also have a Nobsound NS-08E and a Bravo V2. Both have up graded tubes as does the Little Dot. The Little Dot IMO sounds better than either one.

I missed the Massdrop offering. Fortunately I got the Little Dot from NewEgg for the same $119 price. That it's OTL is what attracted me in the first place.

I also have a Nobsound NS-08E and a Bravo V2. Both have up graded tubes as does the Little Dot. The Little Dot IMO sounds better than either one.

How dose the Bravo compare to the nobsound. I was looking at both. There seems to be a lot of mods for the Bravo too.

I have been thinking about trying the little dot myself. How is the output handled without OPT's? The nob sound I have is a tube front end with a single transistor output per channel. With the GE tubes it sounds pretty darn good. I'm still looking at the little dot though. :idea:

I have two headphone amplifiers with tube front ends and SS outputs. Neither (IMO) sounds as good as the Little Dot.

OTL designs while not that well known are quite popular with some. There are OTL designs for amplifiers used for driving speakers from Transcendent Sound, Atma Sphere and others. Many of them are derived from the original patented Futterman design.

I just saw little dot offers or offered a SE model that is similar to what I have. Tube front end and SS output. I am convincing myself to try the all tube version.

@RDecartridge how do you like your Antique Sound Lab handphone amp? I have an Antique Sound Lab integrated amp. Which is why I needed a separate headphone amp:

View attachment 986372
A Schiit Valhalla 2 that I rather enjoy so far.

I am very much enjoying the Antique Sound Lab B1. When I first connected my Fostex TR50RP iii headphones, I could not put them down.

I'm thinking of branching out to the world of Tubes. Considering the bottle head crack amp. Any experience with this amp out there?

Back
Top Bottom