Best sounding bluetooth headphone recommendation

JRM55

It is so hard these days to demo headphones of this type. I wonder if anybody can recommend the very best sounding headphones for mobile use. Noise cancellation is nice if it does not screw up sound or if it can be toggled off. So far considering Sony wh-1000xm2 and Bowers and Wilkins PX but have not heard either. Your thoughts?

Thanks for the heads up on the PX, I had not seen them yet.

Reviews are weirdly mixed, What Hi-Fi (who admittedly do tend to love everything B&W) gave them a rave and PC Mag called them a misfire, having had issues with them. The fact that they cannot be used with a wire does make them a little less versatile.

I just picked up a pair of the Sennheiser PXC 550 for travel. They sound very good with a good source, are supremely versatile as they can be listened to via BT, a 3.5mm wire of the USB cable, they are incredibly comfortable even with glasses on and they have very advanced controls and functions that can even be fine tuned via a free app. I am extremely impressed with them overall.

Noise cancellation is decent but as usual, if that is the top priority go with Bose.

Reviews are weirdly mixed, What Hi-Fi (who admittedly do tend to love everything B&W) gave them a rave and PC Mag called them a misfire, having had issues with them. The fact that they cannot be used with a wire does make them a little less versatile.

I just picked up a pair of the Sennheiser PXC 550 for travel. They sound very good with a good source, are supremely versatile as they can be listened to via BT, a 3.5mm wire of the USB cable, they are incredibly comfortable even with glasses on and they have very advanced controls and functions that can even be fine tuned via a free app. I am extremely impressed with them overall.

Noise cancellation is decent but as usual, if that is the top priority go with Bose.
Thanks for the info. Noise cancellation is not a big factor for me. I use iPhone so aptx is not an option. I don't think Sennheiser supports AAC which is iPhone codec. I generally like Sennheiser and use HD600 as my main headphone.

So far the best sounding Bluetooth earphones are Kilpsch. You might take a look at the Creative Soundblaster wireless headsets. They do not use Bluetooth they are gaming headsets and they have a atomic bomb dynamic range.

Thanks for the info Transmaster. I will check them out.
Just ordered the Klipsch R6 In-Ear Bluetooth Neckband Earphones. They are on sale with a 43% discount. I already have the R6 in-ear and they are the best sounding Bluetooth earphones I have. The Neckband model has an 18 hour battery.

I ordered the Sennheiser PXC 500 from Ebay for $249 (open box). They don't have AAC for iPhone but I thought at that price I would give them a try. I can sell easily if I don't like.

I ordered the Sennheiser PXC 500 from Ebay for $249 (open box). They don't have AAC for iPhone but I thought at that price I would give them a try. I can sell easily if I don't like.

Just got back from a business trip to Taiwan that involved some long flights and I am very pleased with my PXC 550. Compact, excellent sound on well recorded material even from my lowly Moto G 3rd Gen phone, great battery life, super comfortable even over glasses when worn for hours at a stretch. The noise cancelling not 100% effective but it really drops the level down.

I bought a pair MPOW over the ear Bluetooth cans for when I'm on my noisy lawn tractor. They don't isolate as well as I would like, but they sound pretty darn good, work great and are ridiculously cheap.

61y0yb+3pqL._SY355_.jpg

Old thread, but if anyone is interested, I just bought the B&W PXs and the Bluetooth works fine and they sound incredible.

Old thread, but if anyone is interested, I just bought the B&W PXs and the Bluetooth works fine and they sound incredible.
I kind of regret not trying the PX before buying my Sennheiser PXC 550’s. On the plus side I did buy on eBay for only $250.

I’ve tried noise canceling Bluetooth headphones from JBL and B&O and returned them due to connection issues. I sold out and bought the Beats Studio 3 wireless (w/ 25% off employee discount). Pairs with an iPhone in seconds, the pairing carries over to any other iOS or OSX device on your iCloud account, the range is super long, there are no drop offs, and there is no audio lag when watching video. All thanks to Apple’s proprietary W1 chip. None of the other headsets can really perform this well.

Beats is a brand that isn’t as good as everybody thinks it is while likewise also isn’t as bad as everybody thinks it is. If you’re an iOS user the practicality and ease of use simply can’t be beat. Would not recommend for android though as the performance with range and connection end up being like the other headsets that I tried with my iPhone and iPad and returned for reasons.

I’m damned if I know what the best bluetooth headphone is but the Avantree phones I use are OK. They are APTX low latency and I need the low latency thing. Lately I’ve been listening to various Shure, UE, and AKGs (K240, Q701, K553) over low latency receiver-amplifiers but going to the Avantrees isn’t bad—they’re at least inoffensive and quite listenable. And quite light and comfortable, for me anyway.

They’re over 2 years old now, no malfunctions or breaks.

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Wir...ocphy=9028055&hvtargid=pla-380977449348&psc=1

Hello guys, I got this neckband bluetooth earphones from Amazon, it's really nice because it's can be work over 25hrs after charging 2hours, also this one has low latency APTX once finished the pair, my wife often take this while she was sports which can be falling down

https://www.lovedealsdiscount.com/c...eless-noise-cancelling?variant=22761120104512

I have a pair of Plantronics backbeat pro IIs. My normal headphones are the Sennheiser HD800s and the Stax SR-L700. I use the Plantronics for gaming and listening "on the move".
The Plantronics have a surprisingly neutral sound with just a touch of bass emphasis. The batteries last a long time (30hrs) and charging is a couple of hours.
They couple well with my Android phone and PC and I've never lost connection within the house, even when I'm 100 + feet away and on a different floor.
Hey, they're not the best sounding headphones but no Bluetooth headphones that I heard compared to my usual choices, so it was good value for money that won out.
The bass didn't sound terribly different from my un-equalized home speaker LF response and is a bit imprecise but quite musical.
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/plantronics/backbeat-pro-2
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-type/over-ear-around#recommendation_49338

In comparison the HD800s has a noticeable lack of deep bass, but what there is sounds more natural.
The HD800s also doesn't have as good bass as the Stax unit, but has better imaging and a warmer sound and a more ragged HF. The Plantronics hold up surprisingly well in comparison to these other choices.
The bottom line is that there's (probably) no such thing as best- "you pays your money and you takes your choice".

Last edited:
Another brand that you might consider is that of 1More. I've got the 1MoreThree Diver corded buds, and if they match in performance these, it might be worth your while to look into them.

As of late, the prices have come down.

Q

Old thread I know, but I have the B&W PX and they can be used with a 3.5mm cable. I don't know if perhaps it was an older version or pre-release set that was reviewed without the 3.5mm jack in them?

They sound really good either wired or wireless, but they're the first decent set I've ever owned so previous 90's cheap Technics and JVC cans I own are just not in the same league!

B&W offered time-limited access to their "Society of Sound" database as part of the registration of my PX headphones, which I took advantage of and downloaded a few 192/96khz 24-bit FLAC files and even 5.1 surround live recordings which have made the bedding-in process much more pleasurable. However I think B&W are about to cease the "Society of Sound" subscription...

I paid $9.00 for an adapter so I can plug my Sennheiser headphones into my 10 X iPhone. Why else would I need to spend more money on inferior headphones.

Back
Top Bottom