Klipsch at Best Buy

those are their Reference line and are not a cheaper consumer line...they should be pretty nice, have you given them a listen???...

I have a pair of the older RB-5 lls and they sound great...also part of the Reference line...good luck with your choice

Bill

I have heard them, but given then boomy showroom floor, not much of a serious listen. I've had some RB-5's and liked those.

They are good. Sensitive, wide range. My friend bought the previous front ported version(R-28F) the black friday before last, and we were both impressed.

They are the "cheap" reference line, but you would be hard pressed to find something as good for that price, which is something of a miracle.

However-

Last week, the "expensive" Klipsch RF7 mkIII he ordered were delivered. The summary? Deeper bass extension, tweeters less fatiguing, and better imaging.

But the "cheap" Reference line is definitely worth having.

interesting...when did Klipsch Reference become the "cheap line???"...in the past Klipsch used the "synergy" label for their less expensive models and used different woofer material and diaphragm components but these reference appear to look like they have similar stuff to what you might find in Klipsch's "regular" Reference line...

I find I prefer the Heritage/extended Heritage, 3 way models but always thought the Reference line was quality as well...thanks for any experience or knowledge you care to share...

Bill

interesting...when did Klipsch Reference become the "cheap line???"...in the past Klipsch used the "synergy" label for their less expensive models and used different woofer material and diaphragm components but these reference appear to look like they have similar stuff to what you might find in Klipsch's "regular" Reference line...

I find I prefer the Heritage/extended Heritage, 3 way models but always thought the Reference line was quality as well...thanks for any experience or knowledge you care to share...

Bill
Its just the cheap Reference series, in this case a "Reference Premier". It has a better tweeter than the R-28F it is replacing.

All of the conventional floor and bookshelf speakers Klipsch sells(except the heritage) are under the "Reference" line, all the way up to the flagship RF7.

I took advantage of this same sale and bought the same exact set. They to me sound fantastic. Chest thumping bass and all. I am totally impressed.20190118_212619.jpg

My son has the previous generation with similar woofers but a differently designed horn and similar driver that he uses with the 15 inch sub. . They do pretty well, but I would prefer the new Forte III. I just prefer the sound of the bass in the Forte and I think the highs are more to my liking. But if your budget has other priorities then starting with these should be a good choice.

We gave our set a fairly decent workout last night. Had it up fairly loud for over 4 hours straight on some bass heavy music. My wife's station she created she calls Pony radio. As in the song, so you know it was bassy.
The R820F are real performers. Supremely tight bass, but also very very deep. The horns were not "honky" in any way up loud and everything sounded just really really coherent and I don't know it was just "there" with the sound. These things go way loud, stay very clear and open and not harsh at all, and have an astonishing amount of REAL bass when fed clean power. We were very impressed and it cemented that our decision to buy these was a wise one.

FWIW, I picked up a pair of the 620f's on sale and have been listening to them the entire weekend. I'm impressed. My 55w amp drives them louder than I need, and I find the sound quality better than my bookshelf/sub system (now relegated to the TV room). Since I had several BB gift cards, this was a win-win.

Back
Top Bottom