Well - It’s supposed to be cheap.

MisterDK

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
30E23320-75AE-4CEB-8F37-3DF06ACC51DC.jpeg

Anyone have interest in the Ikea “frekvens” turntable? I’ve read somewhere that it’s supposed to be here around June, and may cost about $99. Of course, that was on the internet so who knows..?
Not that I need one, but they may make good gifts for some kids around Christmas time. It does look quite plastic (cheap) though.

View attachment 1418435

Anyone have interest in the Ikea “frekvens” turntable? I’ve read somewhere that it’s supposed to be here around June, and may cost about $99. Of course, that was on the internet so who knows..?
Not that I need one, but they may make good gifts for some kids around Christmas time. It does look quite plastic (cheap) though.
I don't know but the pretty lady in your avatar is distracting..
Is she your lady?

It looks terrible.. Not the Lady the turntable :)
Possibly another turntable with a AT3600l which at least is a good start.
Chris

So far this is just a concept, not an actual product.

But Sony has adopted a similar minimalist look with their new PS-LX310BT turntable:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/audio-components/ps-lx310bt

Sony-PS-LX310BT-Turntable-gear-patrol-full-lead.jpg

Looks nice, I like the yellow tonearm. If it's really going to sell for $99, it's a more modern looking alternative to the AT-LP60. Looks like a fun little toy

99 bucks is too steep from just looking at it. Maybe if it ever gets released and see specs and hear it.

It will really depend on what the platter is made of and what the bearing of that arm is like. It might be utter junk or it might be just mostly junk but passable and not damage records, hopefully the latter.

Doesn't come out till June of 2019. Will come with small powered speaker and lights. There's a ton of images on google.

If it's made like their furniture, you can expect it to break if you ever move it.
Actually when I lived in the UK I bought quite a bit of their stuff for my rentals and it was surprisingly good. I bought some bedside cabinets which brought to Australia 15 years ago that I bought about 20 years ago, they have been halfway round the world and moved house several times and been in a house that lost its room in a cyclone and they got soaked, yet they did not split or swell up like these things often do. IMO their stuff is well made and good for the money.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom