Have you noticed with a lot of the modern music that...?

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
I've noticed as of late, so much of the modern music has the same quick beat without change, much like found in some of the Eastern Asia type of music? After a while it gets to me that there no change from start to finish.

Got a couple of other POV's to make but will wait till later after some may chime in...and see if it's just my take on the new tunes out there.

Curious.

Q

What gandra of music, I mean I can pick two new titles that are extremely different. Maybe it’s you gravitating to the same music that all new sounds alike

Early Digital audio workstations tended to discourage tempo changes. It can be done more easily now, but you have to be aware of it's availability to dig down into the program to find it. Also, having everything lined up to the same beat makes editing easier.

Maybe? It's the mainstream type of "gooey-type" of I can't live without you songs.

Usually, I don't listen to much in the way of air waves during the day, but the new stuff seems to have a repetitive beat that seems not that important in the tunes that I've taken in. The beat just skips along without any change along the way as it plays out.

Maybe it's me?

Q

I only notice the guitar is less prevalent in the new music I hear streamed at work.

Kids these days wouldn't know good music if they heard it. A bunch of no-good-nicks, I tells ya. :rolleyes:

I think the state of radio is the issue, not the music. If you're only listening to one source, you're only going to hear one type of music, typically. Stop listening to commercial radio! The diversity and availability of music these days is incredible. Put in the effort to find it, and you'll be greatly rewarded. Or, I suppose you could spend that time complaining online instead.

Completely and shamelessly aping another bands sound and aesthetic is a little sad. Being inspired by a band, and being to hear the influence in the music is one thing. Greta Van Fleet is another. I can not get on board with them.

OP have you noticed that we are all becoming older and most of us less and less tolerant of change as time goes by? That's what's up. My dad 's comment about our music in the "70's was, "The natives are restless again.: referring to what in his opinion was the repetitive beat - beat - beating of the drums in Led Zeppelin. Absolute monotone garbage in his accordion - polka - ass opinion. For every song you hate ten million kids are thinking, "Cool I can't wait to buy this." Sound familiar? I think you already know what I'm sayin' and this thread a bit trolly to see what comes out. Carry On.

On the other hand, my dad liked a lot of the music I listened to when I was a kid. He bought "OK Computer" by Radiohead when he was in his mid-70s.

I've noticed as of late, so much of the modern music has the same quick beat without change, much like found in some of the Eastern Asia type of music? After a while it gets to me that there no change from start to finish.

Q
Now that I re-read this, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to -- got any examples?

I'm a believer in 432 being what is best for Mankind.

There are many songs with beats that are repetitive that I like but for me there's a time & place depending on my mood.

But there's a lot of junk music thrown together just to make money off those unsuspecting masses just following what's "trending" or pushed on them by the "star Maker's" in the music industry.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: So true..

OK, new artists, that I like - Lady Gaga, Jessie J, Bruno Mars, Jose James (His tribute LP to Billie Holiday is stellar), Kandace Spring, Vanessa Fernandez, and I could go on. It is just opening the ears and listening. I don't stream and find this stuff. It is not hard if you go out and look.

There IS good music out there if you take time to look for it, and looking for it is easier than ever. I used to have to listen to the radio for hours (at odd times of day or late night) to hear any new/fresh music or take a chance and buy something at between $5-13 to hear it. Now you can listen for free all day long.

The OP DOES have a valid point in regard to the repetitive nature of much modern music. There is something that younger audiences seem to value in repetitive music, that I find far too repetitive- almost as if it's generational anthem chant.

The OP DOES have a valid point in regard to the repetitive nature of much modern music. There is something that younger audiences seem to value in repetitive music, that I find far too repetitive- almost as if it's generational anthem chant.
The main offenders in terms of repetition and monotony seem to be found on stations and services that define themselves as purveyors of modern pop "hits". I get my fill of this stuff at the gym, where they play Drake, wknd (or whatever is illiterate for "weekend"), Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato and similar (and trust me, they're all very similar throughout the playlist) over and over again, repeat until projectile vomiting occurs.

All it seems to take to produce one of these "hits" is a three-chord groove, a keyboard stocked with phony percussion effects, an Autotune twisted off to 11, a Protools program, and you're away to the races. Songwriting talent, pitch control and mastery of a musical instrument are not prerequisites.

Occasionally for a refreshing change, they switch to the Hip-Hop channel, which is about the same, except with fewer chords and every fifth word is "motherfucker".

[QUOTE="noogies, post: 12554570, member: 103241"

Occasionally for a refreshing change, they switch to th Hip-hop channel, which is about the same, except with fewer chords and every fifth word is "motherfucker".[/QUOTE]

I really don't want to lose a perfectly good cuss-word to linguistic reclamation.

Back
Top Bottom