Dude111

Analogue is Awesome
Directions:

1. Book #1 -- Take the First sentence
2. Book #2 -- Take the last sentence on page fifty
3. Book #3 -- Take the second sentence on page one hundred
4. Book #4 -- Take the next to the last sentence on page 150
5. Book #5 -- Take the final sentence of the book

Now <<>> Make the five sentences into a paragraph. (Not easy)

Heres mine:

The life of Milton is known to us in far more fullness of detail than that of any other major poet before the 18th century. We also know she also has some useful pots and pans,and several other things. There were beggers @ her house also so Carl Went up to the Begger and said "I am very sorry for you;can i do anything?" He replied saying he wanted some info on connecting 2 antennas to something,so carl said "Then you will need either some patch arrangement for switching antennas or a coaxial switch-about $60 for the feed system" Then the begger (Jake) went back to making his house.. When at last the house was finished,the cock flew to the very top of it,and crowed and crowed and crowed..

The release of Microsoft Windows 2000 gives us a lot to be excited about. If domains that double as fiefdoms dominate the current network environment, it is unlikely that a single Windows 2000 domain will replace that structure. The Directory Services Restore Mode requires a special local administrator logon, because the server will not be able to access the Active Directory Database and thus will not be functioning as a DC in this mode. OUs can be used to assign particular policies to selections of users and computers. However it is useful for standalone systems.

Book= MSCE Guide to Microsoft Active Directory Certification edition for Windows 2000
Almost readable.

Can you believe that I found this swamp-loving plant booming in early March, when snow was still on the ground? Branches creaked and rubbed against each other. Feeling nervous is perfectly normal. Every Wednesday was take-out night, and they always ordered the same thing: wonton soup, sesame noodles, orange chicken, and shrimp with vegetables. And Tico Ango knew that he had to have it too, so he danced for it!

Hey, that worked out kinda cool. FYI, I work at a public library, so I had a lot of book choices! These are all from children's books.

The release of Microsoft Windows 2000 gives us a lot to be excited about. If domains that double as fiefdoms dominate the current network environment, it is unlikely that a single Windows 2000 domain will replace that structure. The Directory Services Restore Mode requires a special local administrator logon, because the server will not be able to access the Active Directory Database and thus will not be functioning as a DC in this mode. OUs can be used to assign particular policies to selections of users and computers. However it is useful for standalone systems.

Book= MSCE Guide to Microsoft Active Directory Certification edition for Windows 2000
Almost readable.

I screwed up and used the same book instead of 5 different ones, will have to redo it

Directions:

1. Book #1 -- Take the First sentence
2. Book #2 -- Take the last sentence on page fifty
3. Book #3 -- Take the second sentence on page one hundred
4. Book #4 -- Take the next to the last sentence on page 150
5. Book #5 -- Take the final sentence of the book

Now <<>> Make the five sentences into a paragraph. (Not easy)............

Are we supposed to list them as above? That's easy.

Are we supposed to list the sentences in the order that makes the most sense?

Are we supposed use the all the words from the five sentences, in any order, to form a paragraph that makes sense?

Should we list the books?

Your way is too much like wqork. :D

I just used the Automatic Complaint Generator.

What would I do without the audio industry to provide me with a nonstop source of lusk bait-and-switch tactics to complain about? I will start by responding to some of the audio industry's ad hominem attacks. These attacks are not original but rather are drawn from lies that the audio industry and its lynch mob have manufactured out of past statements attributed to their targets. I will deal with those attacks that are specific to me, partly because I'm familiar with them and partly because I maintain I know why the audio industry has been reneging on an incredibly large number of promises. It considers it an interesting sociological experiment for determining whether people can be influenced to rob Peter to pay Paul. Sometimes it seems the worst sorts of batty haggersnashes there are are like a farmer who, in the spring, would work the ground, plant seeds, fertilize, and cultivate the ground for a period of time. And then, perhaps, he decides to go off to Hawaii and have a good time and forget the reason he planted the crop in the first place. Well, a farmer wouldn't do that. But the audio industry would overthrow all concepts of beauty and sublimity, of the noble and the good, and instead drag people down into the sphere of its own base nature if it got the chance. To conclude, the audio industry serves as a conduit that carries the élan vital of solipsism.

This morning, it being Sunday, there were services on the port promenade. From animal droppings, for example, he could determine not only how long the creature had passed that point and what kind of an animal it was, but an amazing number of facts which even experienced trackers often overlooked. Habit propelled him. On an "on night" you wouldn't know where they were going. Come to think of it, that's how this book got written.

This morning, it being Sunday, there were services on the port promenade. From animal droppings, for example, he could determine not only how long the creature had passed that point and what kind of an animal it was, but an amazing number of facts which even experienced trackers often overlooked. Habit propelled him. On an "on night" you wouldn't know where they were going. Come to think of it, that's how this book got written.

Follow the animal droppings :)

Gertrude Stein! Done!

Oh! And, it's OK for all the Vinyl aficionados to break out the VPI record cleaners now.

Last edited:
(This one actually tells a story. A gruesome story, but a story none the less. The last excerpt gives your brain time to shiver a bit at the picture created. My apologies to any cat lovers out there, unless you love your cat with a nice garnish.)

You can't have this job unless you love animals, but if you love animals, it's hard to have this job."
Under My Hat - Johnathan Strahan)

"Yeah", Finn said, "I think you might be right."
(Redshirts - John Scalzi)

"He moved towards the cluster of wooden buildings that were Asgard, and did not stop until he heard the sound of cats, mewing and mrowling ..."

Odd and the Frost Giants - Neil Gaiman)

Drain well before serving, and decorate with dill crowns.
(I Hear America Cooking - Betty Fussell)

This page intentionally left blank
(How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe - Charles Yu)

Through the fence, between the curling flower spaces, I could see them hitting.
"Let me taste it", the gypsy said.
Men of the world are broadminded.
"You needn't be," the second waiter said.
And that's how the traveler came back home again.

1. The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls - Ernest Hemingway
3. The World of Books - Thomas Wolfe
4. Across the River and Into the Trees - Ernest Hemingway
5. Travels with Charley - John Steinbeck

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. I just love finding new places to wear diamonds. ...the twenty-five missions that comprised a tour. Captain Billy Southworth noted in his diary that his group was down to half its original strength after three months. U-110 was not the only U-boat following convoy OB318. The fleet was at the bottom of the sea. The Great War was over.

1. The Wicked Wit of Winston Churchill - Dominique Enright.
2. Wisecracks - Rosemarie Jarski.
3. Tail-End Charlies - John Nichol & Tony Rennell.
4. ENIGMA - Hugh Sebag-Montefiore.
5. Castles of Steel - Robert K. Massie.

My pathetic effort seems to have gone down like a....

lead-balloon.jpg

Not only is this a great story in its own right, but the business lessons it teaches are sure to improve any organization that takes the time to apply them.

Now that you can use the multiplication rule as well as the addition rule, we’ll concentrate on problems that require you to use both rules together.

“Something like that,” McCasky replied.

Whether one point of view is an extreme position and the other is generally accepted does not matter.

“It sucks.”

FISH: A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
Probability Without Tears: A Primer for non-Scientists
Op-Center: Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy)
Crisis & Emergency Risk Communication
Dogberts Clues for the Clueless (Scott Adams)

Back
Top Bottom