Elliot Thompson
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi.

I rarely visit Audiokarma anymore which is why my response may not be as prompt as others. I have not replaced any caps in my Pro Power Series amplifiers as they were designed more robust than the older 4 rack space versions. This is why you will find a lot repair topics on the 4 rack space versions and a minimum topics on the Pro Power Series. I believe replacing caps when the signs are evident (Idle Humming) which, many on Audiokarama may feel otherwise.

The Pro Power Ten was an expensive amplifier in its time so you won’t find many users owning that model. However, the Pro Power Ten is two Pro Power One/PM-860/S-800 amplifiers in one chassis with the Soudcraftsmen AB-1 Bridging Adaptor. So any information in regards to those amplifier models (The MTX S-800 too) will apply to your amplifier as well.

Best Regards,
    Hello,

Its getting hard to find Soundcraftsmen owners. I have a pro power ten and I see you have owned one. I got a used one about a year ago from ebay and it was surprisingly in good working order. I only cleaned it Deoxit to remove some build up on connectors etc. It uses Marantz 1060 preamp section for source and goes into the main speakers of Dahlquist DQ-10. These speakers eat up quite a bit of power so I run it in bridged mode for 600W/8ohm/channel. So far it has been a great setup.
    I am wondering though, does these units benefit from recapping or other upgrades? The age is very visible but I don't know sonically the amp is performing to its potential. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom