Onebean
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Picked up a pair of Pioneer CS-88's today at an estate sale for $20.00. Found your posting on your redo of the caps. Are you happy with what you chose or wish you went in a different direction? Do the grills come off btw? Thanks for the help!! - Brian
    Reactions: Onebean
    Onebean
    Onebean
    I think the Dayton caps are a good value, and would certainly use them again. I have experimented with more expensive caps in vintage speakers, and I think the investment made quite an improvement.
    Onebean
    Onebean
    I have 2 sets of KLH Sixes, one with a recapped crossover using Russian surplus poly caps, and the speakers sound very nice. On my second set I eliminated the tweeter switch, purchased air core inductors and mills resistors, and used Auricap capacitors, and decent binding posts. These speakers sound outstanding!
    Onebean
    Onebean
    There's more at play here than just the capacitors, but set 2 is a step up from set 1. Both sets had the drivers resealed, and the surrounds doped with the appropriate sealer. I'd say spend as much as on the components as you are comfortable with. You will likely love them.
    Hey Mr Bean,
    Just wondering if you got your copy of Bill Evans. The RSD thread got kinda mixed up.
    Let me know

Dan
    I'm interested in your KLH 6 cap kit. If you still have some let me know the PayPal address please.

Thanks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom