Pete B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Pete,
    I'd like to build the PZ-2.1 xover, but I have a problem I was hoping you might help me with. I'm almost blind with cataracts and can't see the schematic. Mostly because it has a white background and black writing. The white background is blinding to me.
    Anyway, if possible can you please message me the schematic with a black background? I hope I'm not being too much of a bother.
    Thank you.
    Pete B
    Pete B
    I posted the inverted image here in the build thread. Let me know if you need anything else:
    Which layout do you plan to use?
    Hi Pete, I was hoping to get your input on my Rectilinear XIa build posted in the main e-wave thread. It concerns the 8x8 wg, which I gather you have experience with, and I was thinking of using 10" pro (cheapo) woofers as my cat destroyed one hours after I brought the speakers home. Any help much appreciated!
    Hi Pete! Did you econowave a pair retícilinear highboys? If so is there a build thread? I have a pair that is shot and might be a good project for one of my high school welding students. Thank you for your time.
    Jon Greuel
    Dallas
    kw82253
    kw82253
    The speakers I have are reticiliniar highboys. I know I’m not spelling that correctly. Lol. The tweeters and mids are blown. I posted them in barter town to give away but someone thought you had econowaved a pair. They must have been mistaken. I wouldn’t mind doing it, given a parts list to order. My woofers could be reformed, everything else was blown by a freshman student. Grrrr!
    Pete B
    Pete B
    I AM Econowaving a pair, BUT they are Bi-amped, they use a waveguide that is no longer available (NLA). No, they were not mistaken. I used all new drivers, sold the original woofers. Why don't you build one of Zilch's designs in it that uses the 6X12" JBL Waveguide that you can get as a made in China clone?
    Pete B
    Pete B
    Build a rough copy of the PSB Stratus Gold in them, you will be blown away.
    is it as simple to do this with these as with the ar speakers? thanks for all your help ,
    mike
    hi there, you have given me some good advice just latly regarding speakers ,im hopeing you may be able to help with this ,with the set of ar 310ho speakers i have you gave me a way to surpress the top end to bring out the bass more ,
    i would like to try this with my kefs,is it posible?
    the cross overs are dn12 the speakers are b139 ,b110,audex h100 d25, have you ever tryed this before?
    mike
    Pete B, I'm hoping you can assist with the 10-inch acoustic coupler driver in the Vandersteen 2ci speakers, basically what is the proper wiring for this driver, I see a black wire and an orange wire,
    when I apply a battery to the speaker terminals the 10 inch moves inward and the 8 inch appears to move out even though it has a capacitor inline.
    I've tried both wiring phases and I'm still confused which is right?
    D
    DestinGator
    thanks, I'll give RV a call, since I found the orange to positive I'm guessing that is correct? will let you know what RV says.
    D
    DestinGator
    answer from Vandersteen,

The 10 inch on the rear has the black wire to (-) and the colored wire to (+). This would be correct if someone didn’t change the internal wire. The coupler is out of phase with the front woofer as it acts like an assisted tuned passive. Ports and passives always have their acoustic output out of phase with the main woofer.
    Pete B
    Pete B
    He is wrong, but that is nothing new. A port or passive is in phase above box tuning and out of phase below. Anyway, you got your answer black to negative.
    You wouldn't happen to be in CT audio, would you?
    Pete B
    Pete B
    CAS? Yes, are you?
    Adam N.
    Adam N.
    Yes, I think we may have met before. I brought my wife to a meeting where they played duets on a Marantz/JBL setup. I think we spoke by the stairs. I never built anything like BCS before. I'd like to make one for my NLA. I hope to come to the june meeting. Maybe we could talk there.
    Pete B
    Pete B
    Yes, I remember, hope to see you at the June meeting! Sure we can talk about it then.
    Pete, did you ever get or figure out the Boston Acoustics T1000 crossover schematic? I would like to redo mine ( although looking at the photos, it seems like it may be fairly easy to copy, except for the inductors. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
    Michael
    Pete B
    Pete B
    Sorry, no I never did have a chance to trace out or measure a crossover.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom