SEPAS - Southeastern Pennsylvania Audio Society

Some of the activities...
y4m27heaFhL2RDOpBrkV8oE6lV-cyXfKjS3ToM-d8ZqDrwmzs9Pm8p_YAFMVc-noJMrVuwtHzMOU4-RDBXfd_CEGmalr0gKkE-KPuPdi6nGAsVd--6r9U4iZ9O1qigwx763Q5E6VWOtRuTPEdOx4CbdY71iQXyFGxheo606eLIkyBeNuCUO4rDnUGBiVKt0ZprB-TGSm14tWwU94mfZ9Dh87g

y4m4MCdpP5XSXKycflLhqonfVkS7bCDvg5ymv5lExG_ymcXsAUbJL80zUR5PtW2hSqfP0q8jLBYupEr7nWW24McTdN0hs-xlJcvYKCbhPl2C9TuFRu6ICgyV0rKMDmWuBZSq7NhI5-4pSB1hR9zu4i-swCOU0ZKke2ZRKrBI-w07yYo3NADf5j8TnV7dVd2Kj93hLZcl_ke1sC4uNY36aGFdQ

Thanks for hosting Kieth, and I hope to see you fine folks again soonish. I swear eventually I'll have a room thats usable for such a thing. I've only been saying that for 10 years now.

@imral3 shoot me

Your email addy if you want on the email blast.

I didn't know the F-117 was passed over at Mark's. We could have listened to that some more, here.

If Steve doesn't find time we can do one next month and I'll put in different speakers.

Keith - thought the F-117 sounded great with your ZYX cartridge. Like most battery powered phono pre-amps, it is very quiet. Works well with my cartridges, as well.

I am new to AK and was hoping to set up a meetup in or near Philadelphia or southern Jersey before discovering you guys here.

Do you have anything planned in the near future?

Starting a thread to coordinate our quarterly get-togethers. Next one is tentatively scheduled for 24 September.

Nothing planned at the moment. Two folks have it in their minds that they want to do something, one needs to get kids stuff out of the way and the other needs to find the time to be able to have the gig.

I'll follow up in a couple weeks. Please keep me in the loop and I might try to arrange a little get together in or near Philly in the next couple months.

Nothing planned at the moment. Two folks have it in their minds that they want to do something, one needs to get kids stuff out of the way and the other needs to find the time to be able to have the gig.

Hi everyone
I'd also like to join you at your next event. To whom should I send my email address?

Update on my new gear if anyone is interested in stopping by my place in Center City. I just got a Schiit Saga preamp and by the end of next week, will have an ifi itube 2 tube buffer to compare it to. Anyone is welcome to bring their preamp and do an A/B test. We should try to find a Saturday in June for an official meetup.

Hi everyone
I'd also like to join you at your next event. To whom should I send my email address?

Next event at my house is Jan 26. I'll check this thread in December and get a headcount. If anyone else wants to set a date between now and then feel free!

I've got a couple of very industrial looking EL34 mono amps that might be fun to listen to as well. Progress at my place moves at roughly the speed of a snail moving through molasses uphill in the winter so maybe in another decade or so that room will finally be done.

I've been wanting to hear EL-34s with my bookshelf speakers for a long time. I have 6L6s now.

I've got a couple of very industrial looking EL34 mono amps that might be fun to listen to as well. Progress at my place moves at roughly the speed of a snail moving through molasses uphill in the winter so maybe in another decade or so that room will finally be done.

Is that Mark saying he is going to have a Center City gig with his new gear sometime in June?

Any of you going to Jim's in Middletown, MD next weekend? I know there is one full car going and Doug can't make it.

Is that Mark saying he is going to have a Center City gig with his new gear sometime in June?

Any of you going to Jim's in Middletown, MD next weekend? I know there is one full car going and Doug can't make it.

Update on my gear for anyone interested in stopping by to hear it. I receiced an ifi micro itube 2...and it is a remarkable little device. I tried it in a couple different ways, but now that I have figured out how it works, it has transformed my system.

I also bought a Sumiko s.9 subwoofer but the tiny little itube 2 has added so much overall fullness to the sound I am already thinking I no longer need the sub. I am... almost shocked.

I am going from cd to Schiit Saga preamp into the itube2 and then to my cheap and old Antique Sound Labs 6L6 monoblocks.

The itube and Schiit Saga are both affordable and anyone considering a preamp is welcome to come by and audition them at my place.

Instead of setting a date for a get together, feel free to post here if you want to stop by for a quick couple hour listening session... maybe a weekend morning?

It's that time again...the January 26th 2020 (is it really 2020?) winter event is coming up. This year, in addition to my rig, we'll feature Glenn's Cary Rocket 88 tube amp, Kenwood L-07D monoblocks, and Elekit TU-8500 tube pre. I believe Thane will be bringing some vintage tube goodness as well.

The event runs 12-6, feel free to bring gear and/or tunes and a snack or drink of choice. PM me or post here so I can get a headcount. :music::beerchug:

I'll drag over the Rauland-Borg amps. Not likely I'll have gotten around to doing EFB on them by then but they have a nice sound.

Back
Top Bottom