Show us your Motorcycles

1999 r6, when I was picking it up last summer. Replaced the signals/markers so they aren't as hideous, 0 degree clipons, replacing the weak overheating rectifier with a series unit. Prev owner had it set up for racing; jets, front gold valves, rear Penske shock, steering damper. Been riding from time to time weather permitting, it <really> scoots. 100lbs lighter than my old Bandit, carries weight lower down so it steers a lot better, dyno says 100hp :)

small-20180711_200516.jpg

My 03 sp2 rc51 somewhere on a highway outside of Quebec City last year.

oPzn0V.jpg

I picked this up yesterday, 1998 Honda VFR Interceptor.

It’s mint.

It’s hard to imagine that in 21 years it never fell over once, but that seems to be the case here.

800cc’s, fuel injected, gear driven camshafts, Elf single sided swingarm, it even has the original rear cowl for the seat.

I’m looking forward to putting some seat time on this thing this summer.

On my short ride home yesterday I can confirm this thing is a wheelie machine.:naughty:

E08A3934-91FA-4541-8443-8B1C33B9946F.jpeg 6CE06AC6-C6A6-4521-80CE-2488F01334A2.jpeg

I picked this up yesterday, 1998 Honda VFR Interceptor.

It’s mint.

It’s hard to imagine that in 21 years it never fell over once, but that seems to be the case here.

800cc’s, fuel injected, gear driven camshafts, Elf single sided swingarm, it even has the original rear cowl for the seat.

I’m looking forward to putting some seat time on this thing this summer.

On my short ride home yesterday I can confirm this thing is a wheelie machine.:naughty:

Awesome bike. Congrats! I had the same bike in yellow for a time. Great bike.

There is a current generation VFR for sale at my local Honda dealer right now. I may look at it next week.

I am a total Honda fan and always considered the VFR their flagship bike, although it was never the fastest bike. I just thought it was the coolest and best engineered model.

Have fun and ride safe.

Snade

Here are a coupleView attachment 1454245 ..................
The Honda I owned for 29 years...that's how it looked the day I sold it.

I owned an 82 XL500R.
What a great bike, perfect for riding around town.
Pothole? Railroad track? What pothole? What track?
Just open the throttle.
The output shaft seal failed at 13k miles, just pouring oil out.
Seal replacement required removal of the engine, a top end teardown, and splitting the crankcase, which was all way too much work for a simple seal that should have pushed in from the outside.
This was an object lesson for me in design for manufacturing, with insufficient thought to the need for maintenance.
I sold the bike with its new seal, and bought a /5 Beemer, which was designed with maintenance in mind.
That Honda was a great bike, though.
I would love to have its modern equivalent.

That KTM, though, that would be trouble.
Fun, regret, more fun, more regret....an infinitum.

I'm sure you folks are tired of Buell pics but here goes, again.GBMA4476.JPG GBMA2953.JPG GBMA3693.JPG I'm headed to Sonoma on the 10th, then to Thunderhill on the 17th. July will be busy also. I've made a few changes to the bike since the Easter outing. Hopefully for the better.

Back
Top Bottom