Hi New from RI

Pastel

Hi. I'm Peter from RI. I have lurked for awhile but decided to join. I've owned some nice stuff over the years. A MA 6100, DC 300, Century L 100s, reel to reels, Advents, ARs, etc. Currently I have a Pioneer SX 828 fully restored and KEF 104/2 Rosewoods in beautiful condition. I have a Philips CD player/ recorder and a Technics turntable. Also use an IPOD Classic with 23000 songs on it. I listen to everything from Mahler to Tom Waits.

Last edited:
Hey Peter, welcome! We have similar gear and wide music interests. I'm sure you'll find that fairly common here! It's a good place for audio folks. There's an east coast audio event coming up this spring.. Folk are bringing tons of gear to sample and sale. I'm jealous.. seems like the coasts have all the good good, affordable gear. :D

Hi Peter, welcome to AK.

I'm an expat from RI myself, spent the last 16 years just over the line in CT.....roads are better, people are fewer, food isn't as good.

I hope to meet you in Sutton on Saturday.

Cheers.

Welcome to AK. My daughter lives near Providence and my son, wife and I visited there in late November. My son and I spent money at a couple of cool used record stores we found there.

Hi Peter, welcome to AK.

I'm an expat from RI myself, spent the last 16 years just over the line in CT.....roads are better, people are fewer, food isn't as good.

I hope to meet you in Sutton on Saturday.

Cheers.
I live just over the line from Putnam Ct. Thompson and Woodstock are nice towns.

Welcome to AK. My daughter lives near Providence and my son, wife and I visited there in late November. My son and I spent money at a couple of cool used record stores we found there.
There"s a couple of good stores in Providence. A real good place is Stereo Discount in East providence. A lot of used gear and the owner and tech are very good guys.

There"s a couple of good stores in Providence. A real good place is Stereo Discount in East providence. A lot of used gear and the owner and tech are very good guys.

My son bought a couple of records at Olympic Records and I bought some vinyl and CDs at Round Again Records. Both are on Wickenden St. He also bought a pedal for his bass at Empire Guitars on North Main.

My son bought a couple of records at Olympic Records and I bought some vinyl and CDs at Round Again Records. Both are on Wickenden St. He also bought a pedal for his bass at Empire Guitars on North Main.
Brown university, RISD and PC students have discovered vinyl and have daddy's credit card in hand. Those east side record shops do very well.

Back
Top Bottom