Onkyo TX-NR616 not picking up video from laptop via HDMI

srinath

Setup is Laptop -> PC port of the 616 via hdmi -> NS1000 speakers + Dell MP2400 projector.
Now with bluray player in the BD port I get sound and video.
With The laptop in PC port I only get sound, no video. I switched to the BD port and still just sound, no video.

What could be happening. The laptop has been set to duplicate display.

PS: I have the Projector running out of Monitor out from the 616, and HDMI from bluray in the PC input or the BD input work fine. Just laptop -> 616 audio only, no video.

Thanks.
Srinath.

Last edited:

Yes BD via HDMI in the BD input shows pic and audio, and BD in the PC HDMI port shows pic and audio, in fact turning the bluray player on in the PC HDMI input it will display the splash screen of it while playing the audio from the laptop that is plugged in the BD HDMI (IN1). In effect its treating the laptop as having no video output - which may be an issue in the laptop coming to think of it.

Both The PC and the BD HDMI ports work for audio and video with the bluray player 100%. Both ports show no video but have audio with the laptop.

This 616 was fixed by onkyo a few years ago. It was working before but definitely is working fine now.

Thanks.
Srinath.

I plugged it into the emotive umc 1 routed to the HDMI TV and instant picture on TV and sound from the speakers. Somehow the 616 isn't sending the pic to the projector, but its doing that in the bluray even in the PC input its going through fine.

Thanks.
Srinath.

OK I figured out why its showing Blurry but no laptop. The Blurry isn't using hdmi, its using RCA. Does this receiver have the ability to take input via hdmi and output it to the monitor out via rca ?
Thanks.
Srinath.

Back
Top Bottom