Search results

1. Mark W.

Modelers Corner

If that top plane is a Brewster Buffalo which first flew in Dec of 1937 and of course that is a P51 Mustang which first flew in Oct of 1940 Granted and earlier version of the one shown in the photo.
  2. Mark W.

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Well thanks its mine too LOL.
  3. Mark W.

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

So today I just finished up a Dual Fuel can mounting bracket for the tool rack on the back of my 48 Willys jeep. Needed for an adventure my son and I are talking in August to a part of Oregon with almost no fuel available for 100+ miles. and we plan on wandering around out in that so with a 10.5...
  4. Mark W.

Another eBay first

Done about 1500 auctions on eBay maybe 50/50 buyer to seller. In that time since 2000 I have had a couple people not pay me (I don't ship until money in hand) I have had a couple people send me junk compared to what was advertised (less then $40 items in both cases) One of the guys that wouldn't...
  5. Mark W.

Do all audiophiles act like this?

I have enough different hobbies I can baffle anyone. But you know what when I roll through town in my tricked out 1948 Willys jeep the girls wave and smile. SO the rest of them can well I'll skip that part in the interest of a PG rating LOL.
  6. Mark W.

Couple simple speaker building question

Well in this case the size has very little option. As to ported or not I went with not and I stuffed the enclosure with some Poly fill. And while it does not sound like the Shrine of the Vintage Pioneer. It sounds pretty damn good compared to other simple car stereo installs I have done over the...
  7. Mark W.

Anyone familiar with old blades and swords?

The Sword in your photos most closely resembles a US 1902 PATTERN ARMY OFFICER’S SWORD https://historygiftstore.com/products/us-1902-pattern-army-officer-s-sword-2 Over the years there are variations on the sword details as well as outright reproductions. It is a ceremonial sword worn for dress...
  8. Mark W.

Troubleshooting electrons vs mechanical.

I have just spent almost a week trying to figure out why my fancy 2spd intermittant stop at the bottom cable driven wipers quit working (this is a custom system bought from Specialty Windows and adapted to work on my 48 Willys jeep. The switch is clear up at the top of the dash with 8 switches...
  9. Mark W.

Do you leave your car at the gas pump when you go into the store?

Even though Oregon now has self service gas. I normally in the pickup or car hand the attendant my card he or she sticks it in the pump and fills the tank. If I am filling up my Willys Jeep I get out unlock the cap and fill the tank myself. Before we got Self serve I would hand the card to the...
  10. Mark W.

Emergency kit for my Willys jeep.

The jeep has been "done" for a couple years now Its not stock but does have stock running gear although the engine has been souped up. Brakes, Steering, Electrical, Suspension, and rear axle have also been upgraded. Also a 30% OD has been installed giving me 12 forward and 4 revers gears.
  11. Mark W.

Emergency kit for my Willys jeep.

So I am finishing up a Hard top I have built for my 1948 Willys jeep and in this hard to are two storage compartments in the ceiling that are 2.5" D x 11" W x 22" L. These will be used to keep Emergency supplies with the jeep pretty much at all times. This will include food and water as well as...
  12. Mark W.

Jaguar V6 Made By Blanking Off Two Cylinders From A V8

Willys built Air compressors from the 134L during the war and for years after by using two cylinders to compress and two cylinders to power. As to cutting down an engine into a V6 my Dodge 3.9L V6 in my 98 Dakota is a cut down 318. excellent engine with almost no bottom end torque. But at 240K...
  13. Mark W.

from the Arctic to the South Pole — in an electric car

Good I would really hate to disappoint them. Here's the thing about EV's until the single mom with two kids working to support her self and family can afford to buy one they will never be more then a small part of the market. Its just not going to happen.
  14. Mark W.

In fact I will be able to completely rebuild my 98 Dodge Dakota with a rebuilt engine transmission and minor body work it needs and repaint job and new interior and still have enough for 2.5 million miles of fuel.
  15. Mark W.

600 to 800 a month in fuel?? What were you driving and how far? Even accounting for the exchange rate to USD that would be 445 to 594 USD currently fuel here is on average 3.10 per US gallon to burn up 445 USD in gasoline here even with my 98 Dodge dakota at 18 mpg I would have to drive 2583...
  16. Mark W.

Building an off road trailer to pull with my Willys

Well I am trying to keep my trailer all up under 1500lbs as the jeep only has about 80 HP to drag it along with.
  17. Mark W.

SO not knowing their exact route. Once they hit The arctic circle its a gravel road. I have a trip planned to the arctic circle at Tuktoyaktuk Northern Territories in my 48 Willys jeep and aside from 800 miles of gravel road it can be traveled a 50+MPH and once on the gravel you should be able...
  18. Mark W.

Building an off road trailer to pull with my Willys

So I won't go into a lot of detail but I am building a small off road capable travel trailer to pull behind my Willys jeep. Its going to be 5ft wide and 8ft long. Well it has to have a sound system and with power and weigh a big concern I am going with a system based on a Radio Shack SA-150 amp...
  19. Mark W.

Does anyone know who Decibelvibe on Facebook is? I got a problem with them

So last night I am reading through my facebook feed and a photo of THE SHRINE OF THE VINTAGE PIONEER shows up being linked to by one of my other pages. Its posted on some page called Decibelvibe looks to be from France. I never gave permission for my photo to be used by this site/person what...
  20. Mark W.

Automotive Surveillance At Its Worst - PLAD TECH Device

Ah where would that fit in my 48 Willys Jeep LOL Good luck finding me in that.
  21. Mark W.

What's your (current) dream car?

From 1962 to 2002 I dreamed of owning my dads 1948 CJ-2A in 2002 after an exchange of $2.00 it became mine then for the next 17 years I dreamed of completing the rebuild. In 2021 on Memorial Weekend I got to drive it for the first time since Sept 19th 1976 a couple days before I left for...
  22. Mark W.

What is your job/occupation/training?

WOW the list of things I have done and the various types of training I have had over the last 54 years I been working would take a while so I will just do the one I do now. I drive a Kenworth T800 / Columbia Dump truck and 4 axle pup trailer with a GVW of 105,500lbs For a Trucking company that...
  23. Mark W.

World War II Medals / What to do with them

Almost any local gun show I have ever been to over the last 50 years has had at least one guy selling and buying Military Collectables. I have a friend (old girl friend from high school) Her dad was a Air Force Coronal at retirement. He flew Sandys in Vietnam he was awarded a number of medals...
  24. Mark W.

Springsteen drummer says vintage car restorer stole $125K

Take from someone who knows how satisfying it is to do it yourself. Nothing beats that first drive when its pretty much done (I say that cause they are never done LOL)
Back
Top Bottom