Search results

1. 240sx4u

PSE owner's thread (Professional Systems Engineering)

I see, it was the poster before you on the tone controls.
  2. 240sx4u

Well, MN, which is close. Are you sure its an SL? Those didn't really have tone controls. I think there my have been just a loudness button. As you are aware they're not super valuable, but definitely nice preamps. I'd try to keep it local if I were you just IMO. The issue is if it ends up on...
  3. 240sx4u

Where are you located? If you are anywhere near southern WI I can make some recommendations for techs.
  4. 240sx4u

Thinking back I only recall of one person claiming to have one online, and no pictures were ever provided so who knows.
  5. 240sx4u

Anyone with Soundstream amp experience?

I have a 10a fast blow in mine but that may not be the original size as this amp did suffer output failure at some point which I am sure blew the original fuse.
  6. 240sx4u

Anyone with Soundstream amp experience?

Hi Rich, I will take a look at mine, I still have this amp. :)
  7. 240sx4u

I'd also love to see more, I've never actually seen one of these preamps in a photo before. I bet it sounds great.
  8. 240sx4u

Opinions on Oracle Delphi II?

Don't thank me yet. lol Have fun!!
  9. 240sx4u

Entry Level Cartridge for Sony PS-X5?

I have a PS-x5 that I used in my living room and ran a Nagaoka MP-200 on it, so don't be afraid to put a good cartridge on that table because it's well built and sounds better than one would expect.
  10. 240sx4u

Don't let anyone scare you off too much on the Rega arm. It's fine, albeit pedestrian. I had one too. If it's not a main source I'd just run it. I went from that arm to an SME V which was a definite upgrade, but it was also worth more than the whole table. I think I last logged in a couple...
  11. 240sx4u

Ah yeah, I haven't been on here in years and forgot about that. So a couple things; 1 - That's not the original first gen MK2 suspension. It's either late production MK2 or MK3 suspension. Definitely a plus. 2 - That appears to be a Rega arm. It's a very good sounding table that doubles...
  12. 240sx4u

How much is it? What arm is on it? The drive on those is ancient at this point, I have a MKIII with upgraded suspension. There are two options for a motor drive upgrade if/when yours fails and that's Oracle or Origin Live. This is, of course, the case with most vintage tables though but...
  13. 240sx4u

Happy Birthday 240sx4u!

Well don't I feel like a bit of a heel. Thanks everybody, greatly appreciated!!
  14. 240sx4u

Vampire Wire out of Business

That's too bad. I have used a lot of their products. They were always really well made and weren't outrageously priced.
  15. 240sx4u

What's the street value on Infinity Renaissance 80s nowadays?

I do understand how it happens though, it's hard to imagine but if one pair can bring 4 other sets back to life... especially if the cabinets are trashed.
  16. 240sx4u

Thanks Brunt, that was my estimate too.
  17. 240sx4u

Title kinda says it all. What say ye'. Thanks!!
  18. 240sx4u

Hey guys, I had my PSE V monoblocks open last night so I figured I'd take some photos for you.
  19. 240sx4u

Photos in no particular order, sorry about that! Two amps, about 100 apart in serials but look different internally to me.
  20. 240sx4u

I can dig mine out, they're definitely not modified stereo amps. They're monos. I will try to get it done this week when I have time!
  21. 240sx4u

I have two studio II monos purchased at different times. They apprear quite different inside. Does anyone know if the layout changed or was it a full on circuit change?
  22. 240sx4u

I'm shopping for a new 2 channel recevier. Not much out there, is there?

The newer Yamaha gear I have heard sounded damn good (especially given price), and my home theater installer pro buddy runs it in his house because he likes the way it sounds. Buy it from someplace with a liberal return policy and give it a listen. Who cares if it lasts 20 years if it's half his...
  23. 240sx4u

I don't have time to read this all right at the moment but I have a pair of studio V signature monoblocks and a pair of studio II monoblocks. My IIs are mismatched internally as I had a pair about 20 years ago and sent one off for repair, it disappeared. I bought a lone unit on ebay not knowing...
  24. 240sx4u

Happy Birthday 240sx4u!

Thanks Everybody! It was a great 40th :)
  25. 240sx4u

Reputable Techs in Wisconsin/Illinois?

If anyone has a Revox A77 that needs work, A friend is an expert in these if you're local enough to bring it to him in WI. Great dude and arguably an expert in that specific machine.
Back
Top Bottom