Search results

1. fizzgig

Suggestions on new Cartridge/Stylus

Cool, thanks for the clarification Marc
  2. fizzgig

Thanks for jumping in on the Grado info Marc, I really appreciate it. I am certainly not familiar with the Grado line. So to me it sounds like there were a few versions that played well with low mass arms, but something changed?
  3. fizzgig

See for years I've thought about an upgrade to the V15 but I've been pretty happy with my 91ED so I never pursued it. There is one on an auction for 120 right now. Is there a SAS for the Type4? Having a hard time narrowing it down.
  4. fizzgig

Yes, it would need to be a pretty high compliant stylus. The Jico has been working fine, but I wonder if there is better out there for the same $$$. Its prob a niche market for comparison between the options I'm sure. But doesn't hurt to check and see. :)
  5. fizzgig

I've never tried the Denon on this arm, as its cantilever was sheared off when I purchased the turntable it was on. I've thought about seeing if it could be repaired, but have never had the need to.
  6. fizzgig

My Jico SAS for my M91ED has been damaged. So I am looking for a comparable replacement around the same price point. Equipment: Tonearm - Sonus Formula IV Unipivot - Effective mass: 4.05g https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sonus/formula-iv.shtml Pre-Amp/Amp - Sansui AU-517...
  7. fizzgig

Recommendations for record shops in London/Paris

Thanks for the input everyone! Heading out next week. Cant wait!
  8. fizzgig

LOL I guess you use Yelp to choose your dining preferences too huh. Would rather have hands on experiential help for where to find good stuff.
  9. fizzgig

Travelling to London and Paris next month. Any recommendations for sweet record stores to visit? I'm looking for original vinyl, not repressings really. But if they have both that's cool too. Thanks in advance!
  10. fizzgig

What's the view like from your listening chair?

Ok, that makes better sense...couldn't understand from the multiple viewpoints.
  11. fizzgig

This is from your listening chair??
  12. fizzgig

Living room system.
  13. fizzgig

Most attractive / Best Looking speakers?

JWM Acoustics http://www.jwmacoustics.com/index-1/
  14. fizzgig

L65 Crossover

Yep, they xover at 6500. Thanks for the thread link. Will start digging in. I imagine I can tweak a couple of the components (or add) to help with that peak in the mid while also keeping the xover design the same.
  15. fizzgig

JBL l65 Jubal Project

I need to clean...desperately. :rflmao:
  16. fizzgig

JBL l65 Jubal Project

Thanks Put them in primary position and I think my Ohm FRS 9's have lost their spot. But it was never a good room for them.
  17. fizzgig

L65 Crossover

Oh yeah, they are already lifted by a foot. See pic in initial post.
  18. fizzgig

L65 Crossover

I know just enough to get myself in trouble, but all 3 of the L65 Jubal versions have resistors before the HF lpad, not after.
  19. fizzgig

L65 Crossover

I only got to listen for an hour or so last night for the first time. They aren't even in good location for performance. I'll play with placement and positioning and the speaker brilliance and presence adjustments before making any major changes. That being said, last night when I blocked the...
  20. fizzgig

L65 Crossover

I may be reading this incorrectly, but is there already a resistor in play?
  21. fizzgig

L65 Crossover

These are generation 1 Jubals with the 126a woofers. Dont think I want to re-invent the crossover, just wondering how it will affect the sound if I do recap the crossover...if at all. If I do a crossover reconfigure, I would need follow someone elses work, but I havent found a thread about it...
  22. fizzgig

L65 Crossover

Just entered the world of JBL with a set of L65 Jubals. I had the 12" surrounds repaired and just got them set up in a temporary position in my listening room. I found myself getting up to adjust the brilliance and presence multiple times when a new recording/artist would start playing. The...
  23. fizzgig

JBL l65 Jubal Project

Got my new surrounds done for the JBLs! Was able to take them for a test spin a little last night. Initial reactions are very good in comparison to my Ohm FRS-9's! Soundstage is definitely better as well as bass response. Much more revealing speakers. Will try them out in prime position when I...
  24. fizzgig

Best "Duct Tape" Quick-Fix Competition!

I think I remember you commenting on the LH forum that you do live air recording and had a website. Didnt know you were using binaural. Can I get that website plug from you? Would like to listen.
Back
Top Bottom