Search results

1. B

A possible major win for Ford

You'd need hydrostatic drive, like a zero turn lawn mower, tracks and paddle 'shifters' on the 'steering wheel'.
  2. B

The blue A in your picture could handle that road. Electric conversion, you got the solar solar recharge. It comes down to traction. A limited slip is possible. Keep those rims.
  3. B

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

meh stolen
  4. B

How to diagnose Accu-Rite digital outdoor thermometer

Accuweather on the PC I get notice when they set a box down on my porch. Delivery van's still here.
  5. B

with this Forget the center wheel, keep the tracks under the A running boards.
  6. B

Terrestrial telescope question.

mmm it's tie a rope around your waist, man
  7. B

James Cameron's TITANIC

^^^ Ba Ha ha Dam, Dee
  8. B

Kansas City Area Ping Thread

No, but My dad was the manager of John Redmon Reservoir in Burlington for awhile. That damn uses the big slide gate spillways. The winches to lift the gates are powered by electro-diesel motors, the same ones used in train locomotive engines. One winter, when I was about seven, I went with...
  9. B

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

What is the deal with the transportation departments ? Maybe this should go in the conspiracy thread, but ****. We can only clear ONE LANE on the divided highways. Just to prove we could clear the _____ ROAD.
  10. B

OK.. I am not a "Conspiracy theorist" BUT...

The rest are okay, but Winkie Tink. It's Winkie
  11. B

James Cameron's TITANIC

I saw the one with the blue striped alien people. Pfft. "I see you, I see you". Take me to the ICU
  12. B

James Cameron's TITANIC

I still haven't seen it. Me and maybe three other people. https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/have-you-not-seen-the-movie-titanic.816103/page-2 It's going to be my claim to fame. Tombstone sayin'
  13. B

Covid related thoughts

Just another endemic sickness. Except, it'll rip your lungs out, Jim. (quote Warren Zevon)
  14. B

How to diagnose Accu-Rite digital outdoor thermometer

After two Accu-Rites, I gave up on them. They last about two years.
  15. B

It was the Missouri River. I hope the statute of limitations have run out, it was in 1997. There are catwalks under the highway bridges, and it's serious / dangerous trespassing. Apparently a rite of passage for party kids and stoners. People don't think anything about the river driving...
  16. B

Big arse storm comin'...

My electric power has stayed on, so far. Evergy, the power company for the KC area, has sent me a couple of emails saying they were going to start sending our electricity south.
  17. B

Big arse storm comin'...

Starting in about an hour, Kansas is going to start rolling blackouts to send the power south, Oklahoma and Texas way. I can survive a day without electricity. Save some lives !
  18. B

Trying to like the sound of my DAC

Modi is meh. Before you spend $700 try one of these; https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/supercharged-maverick-audio-tubemagic-d2-dac.698877/
  19. B

Back when you could get a European Mercury/Ford Capri for cheap...

The German built, V-6 Capri went up in value during the 1980s. I wanted one pretty bad, but they were selling for $3,500 in 1987 (the year I graduated from college). Got this instead, for $1,700. Ten year old Toyota Celica GT (1977). Note the style similarities
  20. B

Big arse storm comin'...

-15* F on my way to work this morning. I don't recall ever seeing it this cold in Kansas. The old Lexus SC took it like a champ. The heater fan was howling when I first started the car. Turned the fan off, and back on, and it worked.
  21. B

I spent quite a bit of time in Parkville. My buds took me out to the middle of the river, under the bridge, once. That was impressive. Follow the leader, no flashlights allowed.
  22. B

Not possible as a massed produced, consumer vehicle. No crumble zones / air bags. The original Model A is perfect for me in the not so distant future. I'd keep the spoke rims, go with hydraulics brakes on all four wheels.
  23. B

It’s Gumbo Weather

One of the tastiest bowls of food I've ever eaten was Gumbo, made from road kill Snapping Turtle. I kid you not. One of my besties, John S, is a master cook / survivalist sort. He talked to me into trying it, and I have no regrets. The secret is in the aging of the meat. John knew within...
Back
Top Bottom